Thread: Stirrups?

Stirrups?

The other day a guy on a Harley pulled up to the light and I noticed he had what seemed to be some sort of thin cord stirrups or loops that ran from each side of the bottom of his jeans under his boots. It looked like they kept his jeans from riding up on his legs. Not to get too personal but something like that might help with things getting bunched up in the crotch too. Anyone heard of this?

na1g
    Never heard of it, but some baseball player - the guys with the pants down to their ankles - have stirrups to hold the pants down. So if you have stirrups to hold your pants down and suspenders to hold them up, you could trip and fall and have your legs all tangled up. EMTs would have to cut you out of your clothes.

But in answer to your serious (I assume) question, maybe it would prevent the dreaded crotch bunching. I hate when that happens but diamond gusset pants help a lot.

pete
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." _Groucho Marx

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by na1g View Post
    Never heard of it, but some baseball player - the guys with the pants down to their ankles - have stirrups to hold the pants down. So if you have stirrups to hold your pants down and suspenders to hold them up, you could trip and fall and have your legs all tangled up. EMTs would have to cut you out of your clothes.

But in answer to your serious (I assume) question, maybe it would prevent the dreaded crotch bunching. I hate when that happens but diamond gusset pants help a lot.

pete
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." _Groucho Marx
    Maybe they weren't normal everyday jeans? Maybe a rider pant of some type designed as rain gear?

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Look in the back of some of the popular M/C mags. The stirrups look like little suspenders that clip to the bottom of pants legs.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Quote Originally Posted by MANICMECHANIC View Post
    Look in the back of some of the popular M/C mags. The stirrups look like little suspenders that clip to the bottom of pants legs.
    I probably should have Googled it before I asked. There is a whole another world of those things out there.

If you're worried about stuff getting bunched up around your crotch I'd recommend you buy some LD Comfort undergarments. LDComfort.com

I have no financial interest, but I and a lot of others have had excellent results with this product, plus the owner is a rider.

Nancy

Webb Benninghoven
    Thumbing through a magazine yesterday & saw an ad for them. Jeans Clips, I believe they were called.

Thumbs up LD Comforts...Best Ever!

+++1 on the LD Comforts!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)