Thread: Overnight parking for truck and trailer

Overnight parking for truck and trailer

I'm planning a trip and would like to trailer my bike out of the city traffic congestion, park the truck and trailer for several days while I continue on with the bike. What are some places that would allow this? I would placard the truck with my name and contact info so if someone did need to reach me, they could or at least be aware that I have not returned. Any ideas?
    Spence

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Anonymous Book?
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

No longer a member here
    We had basically the same thread elsewhere. Depending on where you stay that last night of driving the truck/trailer, why don't you ask the hotel, if you can leave it in their lot?

To encourage members that may be up to help you out, along with the general ideas, perhaps the area that you want to do this will help. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Problem Solved - Duh!

An airport. Not one of the big ones but a smaller general aviation airport. It's not unusual for pilots to leave their cars there for several days. I just called one near to where I want to set off from and they said sure, just leave them my information.
    Thanks

What a great idea! Never thought of that. Will be doing a trip down to ride the length of the BRP and meeting my bro in VA. Was going to use a storage rental place but will now also see if there are any GA airports in the area :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    An airport. Not one of the big ones but a smaller general aviation airport. It's not unusual for pilots to leave their cars there for several days. I just called one near to where I want to set off from and they said sure, just leave them my information.
    Thanks
    Carl

'93 K75RT

+1 for the Anonymous Book. That's what it's for.
    Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.

D.B.Casey-MSF#133889
    2011 RT

+1 for Anonymous Book. We've let riders leave their vehicle and trailer at our house.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DBCasey View Post
    +1 for the Anonymous Book. That's what it's for.
    It might be best to start with listings with a "kk" code (coffee & conversation) and ask if they know of a parking spot in their area.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I trailer all the time, I LOVE riding, but HATE traveling on 2 wheels. 12 hours riding twisty's I am happy, and hour on a slab I am ready to have my nails pulled off, to make it stop.

That said, Anonymous book, ADV rider has a tent space thread listing people offering space for various things, incl parking space. Hotels and motels as others mentioned. MC dealerships are generally accommodating, Independent repair shops, incl car and truck repair, anybody with some space.

I usually show up with a gift of adult beverage, or get a gift certificate to a local diner as a show of appreciation.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Many Wal-Marts invite free overnight RV campers. > http://www.walmartatlas.com/rv-parking-at-walmart/
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner