Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: michelin tires 2011 R1200RT

Rally Rat
    I put PR3 on my 2012 R1200R front and rear. 5,000 miles later I need to go on a 2,000 mile trip. The rear is not going to make it so I ordered a PR2 last night. I will put it on before leaving for the trip and see how many miles compared to the PR3.

I ran factory pressure 42 psi for a while (2,000 miles) then went down to 39 for handling reasons.

Only time will tell.

I only ride solo sometimes with 100 lbs of stuff including saddle bags.

PR3 is great on the front.

I like twisting the throttle, this is probably where the tire went

David

flylow1
    I am running my first set of PR3's and I love them. I went through 2 sets of the Z8's an like them too but as others had said, you know when they are done after you have ridden them and shouldn't have.

Other than that ...... this topic is a "thread" and the discussion on tire wear involves "tread".

I can't say for sure how long they will last for you, but I put P3's on my 2012 RT a little over 1000 miles ago and I'm a believer!

The ride and handling makes me smile every time out. These really are terrific tires. You won't be disappointed.
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

Just put my second set of PR3s on my RT. Got 12,000 miles front and rear from the last set and wholeheartedly recommend them for a good balance of dry handling, wet handling and long wear for the price.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Pr3-b

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Just put my second set of PR3s on my RT. Got 12,000 miles front and rear from the last set and wholeheartedly recommend them for a good balance of dry handling, wet handling and long wear for the price.
    what is the difference in the PR3 and the PR3-B,

Quote Originally Posted by galaxie View Post
    what is the difference in the PR3 and the PR3-B,
    From the Michelin website: "180/55 ZR 17 rear also available in a 'B' version, specifically designed for loaded sport touring or riding two-up." I believe the sidewall is stiffer to better handle the extra weight associated with 2-up riding. I always ride solo so no issue with the non B-spec version.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715