Thread: Shorai batteries

Shorai batteries

Anyone here have experience with them? opinion of them?

Yes I know they are a-tad pricey , but just in the consideration stage @ this time. I have an Odyssey in my Roadster, and this LT I bought has one as well. But! I have tried several times to bring it back too life....but it will not hold a charge, even over-night. So before I buy another, thought I'd ask around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    I put a Shorai in my '08 R1200GS last fall and have no issues with it. Either starting in cold Wisconsin weather or the heat of Central America. Haven't had a need of a trickle charger since installation. My moto sat for a month in a storage facility down in Memphis for a month prior to taking off for Panama. I also like the weight savings over a wet cell battery also. There was an article about Shorai in the BMW ON a few issues ago.
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

Thumbs up Shorai

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Put one in my '04 GT a couple years ago. I like the fact that it's so much lighter and smaller than OEM, so there is room in the battery box to store other items (my Stop-n-Go w/extra CO2 lives there). No problems whatsoever cranking in any weather, hot or cold, winter, summer, whatever... it just works. Battery Tender stays hooked to my wife's bike because the Shorai doesn't need it. But, I ride the K-bike year round... Shorai is said to be good for long-term storage (low self-discharge rate). I haven't stress tested that feature yet and don't intend to. ;-)

-MTS
    Mike Sweger
    Charlottesville, Virginia | 2004 K1200GT "Zw?Âlfziegel"
    "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought." ~ Albert Szent-Gyorgyi