Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Financial advice needed

Financial advice needed

This is a household budget of some good friends:

Annual income: $24,900
    Annual Spending: $35,370
    Credit Card Debt (new last year) $10,870
    Existing (previous) Credit Card Balance: $167,600
    This is a pretty irresponsible family isn't it?

Actually, if you add 8 zeros, this is our Country's economy.
    Just something to ponder...........

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

No longer a member here
    Maybe the family should stop hanging out in other people's yards, pretending they have to clean up there..

Dale Rudolph
    The Pentagon alone spends 1 1/2 billion dollars a day. Yet there is no money to fix subways, roads, bridges. Teachers are laid off due to lack of funds. The U.S. rates # 22 in health care. One out of every five people now live in poverty. Just a few other things to ponder.

< mod >

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't close this thread for straying into politics?

< /mod >
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Well, so far it has not strayed into right or left controversy. It is thus far simply a discussion of the monetary state of our nation.
    A financial discussion, not a political one.

I would bet however that in 2-3 more posts, you will be perfectly justified.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken F; 06-01-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by darrylri View Post
    < mod >

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't close this thread for straying into politics?

< /mod >
    Considering that the family income is less than 50% of the median household income level or twice the poverty income level for 2 people. It's not hard to see why they're running in deficit and relying on credit to get by. They need better jobs that possibly provide some benefits.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    The Pentagon alone spends 1 1/2 billion dollars a day. Yet there is no money to fix subways, roads, bridges. Teachers are laid off due to lack of funds. The U.S. rates # 22 in health care. One out of every five people now live in poverty. Just a few other things to ponder.
    The bridge at the bottom of my hill (on a public road) is falling apart what with large cracks and concrete falling off in chunks(quarry traffic all day long) but they built a new one down the road 2 miles to replace one(no quarry traffic) that was very OK-maybe "they" are blind or stupid ?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Yo!!! Ken, next time you speak to the head of that family, how about asking if they can loan me $10,000 (plus a buncch of zeros)
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by darrylri View Post
    < mod >

< /mod >

Well, actually there is always that child that get's the "special ed" entitlements because they are so learning deficient that they can't follow directions. THEY should be deleted rather than the whole family.

This particular family needs lot's of advice and direction that can be wisely put forth here...........

God bless the USA........Dennis

Interestingly here in Illinois they're replacing bridges that are in good shape. . . Guess the money is flowing into IL for some reason, DEFINATELY isn't the local economy doing it. (4 new bridges within 5 miles of my house in last years)

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    Interestingly here in Illinois they're replacing bridges that are in good shape. . . Guess the money is flowing into IL for some reason, DEFINATELY isn't the local economy doing it. (4 new bridges within 5 miles of my house in last years)
    What evaluation criteria did you use to determine that the bridges were good? Are you a licensed bridge inspector?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    The bridge at the bottom of my hill (on a public road) is falling apart what with large cracks and concrete falling off in chunks(quarry traffic all day long) but they built a new one down the road 2 miles to replace one(no quarry traffic) that was very OK-maybe "they" are blind or stupid ?
    Why doesn't the quarry company offer the state some money to fix the road which insures their profitability.

Scooter Whisperer
    2013 C650GT
    1964 Vespa GS, 1968 Vespa SS 180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1967 Vespa GT

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    Illinois is BROKE!

Maybe you local rep "brought home the bacon"?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    This is a household budget of some good friends:

Annual income: $24,900
    Annual Spending: $35,370
    Credit Card Debt (new last year) $10,870
    Existing (previous) Credit Card Balance: $167,600
    This is a pretty irresponsible family isn't it?

Actually, if you add 8 zeros, this is our Country's economy.
    Just something to ponder...........

Ken
    Always has been however if you were to go back 5 years you'd find much less irresponsibility with the credit cards.
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945