Thread: 2005 R1200ST Laminar Lip

2005 R1200ST Laminar Lip

Hello,
    Looking to reduce wind noise and effects. I currently have a stock windscreen and bar risers (I know contradiction here). Even on the highest setting with the stock screen there is still lots of noise. I am not that tall, 5'8". Has anyone put a laminar lip on this bike?

I would also be interested in some other windscreen replacements if anyone has one sitting around they would like to unload for cheap.

Thanks, Jesse

No, but on GSA with smiles;

Had the LL on my GSA for 5 years with great success. Good luck on yours. Laminar Lip folks they say they have about 200 adaptions to shields! Randy

No, but on GSA with smiles;

Had the LL on my GSA for 5 years with great success. Good luck on yours. Laminar Lip folks they say they have about 200 adaptions to shields! Randy

+ 1 for the LL, I have a 2005 gs, and the LL was a huge improvement over stock!
    don't know where I'm going, but I'm making good time. 1990 R 100 GSPD, 2005 R 1200 GS

Jesse:

I've had two RS's and currently own an ST. They were all noisy, and I think with the Boxer sport tourers, the noise may just go with the territory. I'm not sure there's much that can be done, except to get a taller windshield, and then you have the aesthetic issue.

I just got a Neotec helmet for Christmas, and we'll see if that helps, once I figure out how to get the Pinlock out.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

I have 2005 r1200st with high handle bar, the wind screen is CeeBailey + a small screen, pictured hereuploadfromtaptalk1370110997772.jpg
    This is the best solution for me.
    I had stock screen with laminar lip and it was still too noisey.
    -Vinh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nice colours

Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

I recently purchased a Parabellum (their largest screen) for my ST. It helped reduce noise but I still had some buffeting.
    I liked it a lot better than the Cee Baileys but I'm still searching for that 'perfect' solution. I know it probably doesn't exist but i'm bound and determined to
    make this great bike as comfortable as I can for longer rides.