Thread: Is This Normal For A C3??

Hybrid View

Is This Normal For A C3??

I have a new Schuberth C3 and noticed that after a few rides that the sun shade had a haze on the flip shade. It was very evident when riding into the sun. I took some Plexis and it cleaned right up.

About three rides later the haze is back but it seems to be only on the inside. I will clean it today.

Is this normal?

Peter

Any chance this could be a thin plastic covering to protect the shield and it needs to be peeled off?
    Walter

G. K. Chesterton wrote - "The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he came to see."

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scalese01@verizon.net View Post
    I have a new Schuberth C3 and noticed that after a few rides that the sun shade had a haze on the flip shade. It was very evident when riding into the sun. I took some Plexis and it cleaned right up.

About three rides later the haze is back but it seems to be only on the inside. I will clean it today.

Is this normal?

Peter
    Better read the owners manual on how to clean it.
    '02 R1150RT

No, not normal.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Hi Peter

My c3 did the same thing. I read somewhere they coat the lens with something during manufacturing. It happened to me several times. I poped it off and washed with a light detergent - dish soap and the issue was solved. IMO a great option on a great helmet.

Ride safe.
    B-est M-otorcycle (in the) W-orld
    Have Bike - Will Ride

My wife's C3 had rested in its storage bag for a couple months, ie she hadn't used it since purchasing it. Tinted visor had same issue, micro fiber cloth and cold water cleaned it right up

Quit smoking in your helmet!
    Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

I just went through this same issue and initially thought it was my polarized glasses that were the problem. I contacted Schuberth and they assured me it was not the polarized glasses. They also told me to pop the visor off and wash it in tepid water with baby shampoo and rub with my fingers. Rinse it off and pat excess water with a paper towel, then let air dry and then buff lightly with a microfiber cloth.

I did all this and just got back from a ride and it is clear as a bell, even with my polarized glasses. The guy said over time it collects "stuff" from the air and gets cloudy looking.