Thread: Tank Bag Adaptation Question

Tank Bag Adaptation Question

I have a new ride & I really like my old Wunderlich tank bag that has magnet base-problem is that my new MC has the plastic "tank"/fairing. I've looked for an adaptor to fasten my old tank bag to the new MC but found none. If I had an adaptor that could be fastened to the bottom of my old bag & new MC , it would not only save money but keep an old friend in use. Many of the newer bags also lack the clear map window of my old bag. I have seen elec. kits only, so far.
    Have you seen such an item?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    I have a new ride & I really like my old Wunderlich tank bag that has magnet base-problem is that my new MC has the plastic "tank"/fairing. I've looked for an adaptor to fasten my old tank bag to the new MC but found none. If I had an adaptor that could be fastened to the bottom of my old bag & new MC , it would not only save money but keep an old friend in use. Many of the newer bags also lack the clear map window of my old bag. I have seen elec. kits only, so far.
    Have you seen such an item?
    I'd experiment with a steel plate or magnet on the back of the plastic fairing. Tape it in place for a trial, epoxy in place if it works. I was going to try this on my RT but found a deal on a BMW bag before I found the appropriate roundtoit.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

I thought about that "fix" via several strategically placed steel discs under the plastic.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

This may interest you- http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...ank-usually-is
    Some of your posts are in the thumper-F&G area....seems like you got the twin. I'll move them for 'ya Iffin' you want? Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Please move-I may have made a query there based on earlier interest in buying a twin. I bought a 2012 single.

As for tank bag-I want to adapt my old one and , if possible , thus avoiding purchase of a new one or a mount for same.

Great! Hope you have good luck with it. When you get a minute, maybe you can put up a picture- if you haven't already. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program