Thread: Kaoko throttle control installed

Scooter Whisperer

Kaoko throttle control installed

After reading the WBW review I decided to order. I went to Kaoko's site and had to select "not listed" . I got a pretty quick response from them diredting me to Twisted Throttle and I gave them a call. They expected delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. That was fine with me as it was a new product from Kaoko. Then Kaoko emailed me again to make sure I had been contacted and taken care of.

Excellent customer service from Kaoko and Twisted Throttle...need to email them a thanks!

I ordered the Kaoko about 6 weeks ago from Twisted Throttle and it arrived yesterday.

WBW's review was spot on!

Installation is a snap...took maybe 2 minutes. I was used to a brake-away so this will take a little getting used to.

I had a 300+ mile run today so I got a chance to check it out. I need more experience with it but I really like it. Holds the throttle position well but can still roll on and off fairly easily. I wasn't able to "lock" the throttle to where I couldn't roll it off even though I tried a few times.

Good call WBW!!!! Thanks!
    2013 C650GT
    1964 Vespa GS, 1968 Vespa SS 180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1967 Vespa GT

Excel cycle werks, has just come out with their own throttle lock. Talking with owner Jerry last week in regards to Stebel horn kit(will be out shortly for 600/650 he explained his design and their is a video on his web site. Will be installing both on our 650 shortly
    Report to follow

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOTERRATON View Post
    After reading the WBW review I decided to order. I went to Kaoko's site and had to select "not listed" . I got a pretty quick response from them diredting me to Twisted Throttle and I gave them a call. They expected delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. That was fine with me as it was a new product from Kaoko. Then Kaoko emailed me again to make sure I had been contacted and taken care of.

Excellent customer service from Kaoko and Twisted Throttle...need to email them a thanks!

I ordered the Kaoko about 6 weeks ago from Twisted Throttle and it arrived yesterday.

WBW's review was spot on!

Installation is a snap...took maybe 2 minutes. I was used to a brake-away so this will take a little getting used to.

I had a 300+ mile run today so I got a chance to check it out. I need more experience with it but I really like it. Holds the throttle position well but can still roll on and off fairly easily. I wasn't able to "lock" the throttle to where I couldn't roll it off even though I tried a few times.

Good call WBW!!!! Thanks!
    What is a WBW reveiw, and were can I find it to read? I googled it and it came up all kinds of crazy stuff. I never know any of these computer acronyms that everyone uses these days. I'm sure it will be obvious once I am told what it is.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

Here is your pearl for the day.
    WebBikeWorld is a fabulous site: http://www.webbikeworld.com. The owner of the site, Rick bought a c650GT and made it his "project bike" for 2013. The bike specific blog is a terrific source of information: http://www.webbikeworld.com/bmw-c-650-gt/blog.htm
    I only wish he posted more... I have learned a ton about my bike through WBW.

Mine showed up this week as well but I haven't had time to install it.

I do have one complaint before trying it. They put a lovely powder coat on it, but then wrapped it up with an allen wrench in the barrel and the shorter part of the L sticking out. Well, that wrench then cracked and chipped off the powder coat on the end of the control! The part that's chipped will be inside the bar, so it's not that big a deal, but it makes me wonder if the thing's going to rust now, etc., and this defies common sense - you do not wrap tools up loosely with painted parts! Anyone else notice the same?

Scooter Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    What is a WBW reveiw, and were can I find it to read? I googled it and it came up all kinds of crazy stuff. I never know any of these computer acronyms that everyone uses these days. I'm sure it will be obvious once I am told what it is.
    Sorry about that...sometimes I forget to put the details in.

WBW is as stated above WebBikeWorld. I have found them to be an excellent source of information. I think their reviews are fair and I have found them to be accurate. I was excited when I saw that the c650gt was going to be their project bike this year. They have been and will be checking out all sorts of specific items for this model!

Here is a link to their review
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/kaoko-throttle-control/

kaoko-throttle-control-review.jpg

and the WBW home page
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/
    I have no association with them other than I read alot of their reviews!

Here is the Kaoko home page
    http://www.kaoko.com/default.aspx
    2013 C650GT

Scooter Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminsf View Post
    Mine showed up this week as well but I haven't had time to install it.

I do have one complaint before trying it. They put a lovely powder coat on it, but then wrapped it up with an allen wrench in the barrel and the shorter part of the L sticking out. Well, that wrench then cracked and chipped off the powder coat on the end of the control! The part that's chipped will be inside the bar, so it's not that big a deal, but it makes me wonder if the thing's going to rust now, etc., and this defies common sense - you do not wrap tools up loosely with painted parts! Anyone else notice the same?
    I didn't think about it until you mentioned it but mine came the same way. I didn't notice any damage to the finish...but yeah...not a great packing idea.
    2013 C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOTERRATON View Post
    Sorry about that...sometimes I forget to put the details in.

WBW is as stated above WebBikeWorld. I have found them to be an excellent source of information. I think their reviews are fair and I have found them to be accurate. I was excited when I saw that the c650gt was going to be their project bike this year. They have been and will be checking out all sorts of specific items for this model!

Here is a link to their review
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/kaoko-throttle-control/

kaoko-throttle-control-review.jpg

and the WBW home page
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/
    I have no association with them other than I read alot of their reviews!

Here is the Kaoko home page
    http://www.kaoko.com/default.aspx
    No need to be sorry, I appreciate all the infomation I can get on this site. I have very, very, limited use and knowledge of computers and the web.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.