Thread: Dunlap Roadsmart for the RT - thoughts?

Dunlap Roadsmart for the RT - thoughts?

Motorcycle Superstore has the Dunlap Roadsmart (not the Roadsmart 2) on sale for half off... that's under $100 ea!

These would be going on a 2000 RT and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these. I was going to get the Pirelli Angel GT to replace the PR2's I have on now... which I don't care for.

Anyone with thoughts or experience that would like to chime in, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
    -Ride Safe & Avoid Anyone On The Phone-
    **2000 R1100RT (Bullfrog), 1976 R90/6 (Tadpole)**
    beemerFROG a.k.a. Douglas E. Rost
    MotoFrog.net -- Black Frog Marketing

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by derost View Post
    Motorcycle Superstore has the Dunlap Roadsmart (not the Roadsmart 2) on sale for half off... that's under $100 ea!

These would be going on a 2000 RT and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with these. I was going to get the Pirelli Angel GT to replace the PR2's I have on now... which I don't care for.

Anyone with thoughts or experience that would like to chime in, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
    Ultimately personal preference but the Roadsmart are decent tires. If you're goal is to get an excellent deal I would not hesitate in buying the tires.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    I've got them on my 2002 R1150RT & they work well for me. Looks like a good price too!

Sent via mental telepathy.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Left Coast Rider
    I've had them on my 1100S. Excellent mileage with good grip on the rear. Average mileage with good grip on the front. At 1/2 off, I'd buy 1 rear and two fronts.

The roadsmarts where great tires for my FJR1300 when I had that bike. I go out on a limb and venture the tires would be fine for the RT. Anything but the Pirelli's. I went down on a Triumph Sprint in 2006 and I believe the Pirelli's I had on the bike contributed to the accident...

Perry
    Perry Brokaw
    97 R 850 R :sold
    98 R1100RTL:
    98 R1100GS:

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrokaw View Post
    The roadsmarts where great tires for my FJR1300 when I had that bike. I go out on a limb and venture the tires would be fine for the RT. Anything but the Pirelli's. I went down on a Triumph Sprint in 2006 and I believe the Pirelli's I had on the bike contributed to the accident...

Perry
    My experience with RoadSmarts on our R1150RT explains the half off sale. They only last for half the normal mileage.

Well I've got them on order... Revzilla matched the price, plus I had $50 in zilla cash so I ended up with them for $138/ set shipped! At that price I don't care about the mileage.

We'll see how they do and a report will follow...

Thanks for the input, now go ride your bike!
    -Ride Safe & Avoid Anyone On The Phone-
    **2000 R1100RT (Bullfrog), 1976 R90/6 (Tadpole)**
    beemerFROG a.k.a. Douglas E. Rost
    MotoFrog.net -- Black Frog Marketing

I got great wear from them on my '12 RT. They have become my tire of choice.