Thread: GTL rider protection

Hybrid View

GTL rider protection

Considering moving to the dark side. Since most of my riding is two-up, I am considering trading my 09 RT for a GTL. We test road one today and it seems my wife had more air blast sitting up higher. I don't like looking through the windshield so at eye level, its more pronounced for her. I would imagine with a good rain she might be dealing with a lot more water.

I would appreciate any feed back, thoughts, opinions, etc. What about aftermarket windscreens?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tf78933; 05-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.

No longer a member here
    In a different thread, I was reading that a lot of BMW MOA members believe the best rider protection is to carry a gun with them at all times.

I've just switched to a Cee Bailey 26" wide and initial results are very good. I'm 6'2" with a long torso 30" inseam, and I can almost ride with it fully down looking over the top. (And quiet air) seems about an inch up puts the airflow right into the vent on the top of my helmet.

I find the protection of the GT windscreen to be pretty good. I like the V-notch in it so that when I raise it up I still look over it. I can't speak to pillion comfort with it as my riding is 100% solo.
    Wes Jones
    Annapolis, MD
    2012 K1600GT, Vermillion Red
    2013 S1000RR, Granite Gray