Thread: Headlight modulator and turn signal running lights for CANbus bikes? 2013 R1200GSA

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar

Headlight modulator and turn signal running lights for CANbus bikes? 2013 R1200GSA

I have a 2002 RTP with the Kisan headlight modulator and the Kisan SignalMinder, giving me the flashing headlight and always-on running lights from my front and rear turn signals. I'm unable to find similar products for my 2012 GSA. Does anyone know if anyone manufactures a headlight modulator and turn signal controller for CANbus bikes?
    Last edited by deilenberger; 05-10-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added year/model to title
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    I have a 2002 RTP with the Kisan headlight modulator and the Kisan SignalMinder, giving me the flashing headlight and always-on running lights from my front and rear turn signals. I'm unable to find similar products for my 2012 GSA. Does anyone know if anyone manufactures a headlight modulator and turn signal controller for CANbus bikes?
    Your old friend Kisan sells headlight modulators - it should be a plug/play setup. Dunno on a "running-light" - I have a set of LED turnsignal inserts in the rear that work as a turnsignal with orange LEDs and an extra brake light with red LEDs. It could certainly be possible to wire the brake LEDs up to the rear tailight as a running light. These fit in the little pod like turnsignal housings used on the R1200R (and a few other hexheads.) For these - contact Run-N-Lites (Klaus Hueneke, EPM Performance) - if he doesn't remember his source for them, tell him they're the ones I have in my bike (and he follows me often enough that he'll remember what they do. )
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply, Don! Klaus set up the Hyper-Pro shocks on my RTP, so I know him and his reputation well. I had heard somewhere that the Kisan products weren't proving to be especially compatible with CANbus-equipped bikes, but perhaps they've resolved the issues - I'll admit I wasn't paying much attention to Hexhead matters until picking up my 2012 GSA a year ago this month. I'll check out their products for CANbus bikes - thanks for the heads-up!
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold