Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: North Georgia Mountains

Cal
    TWoS will be open as of this weekend. It will not be officially open until their new bathhouses are finished.
    Cal Garcia
    Suches, GA

Thanks Cal!

Thanks for the update Cal, I'm going to be down there June 15-18, so they should be in good shape by then.
    Stop in for breakfast on me at TWOs if you're in the neighborhood, PM me and we'll set it up. I'm easy
    to spot, my RT looks like my Avatar and will likely be one of very few there with Maine plates.

So glad that once again NW Georgia has NOT been mentioned. THE NE quadrant is tourist heaven and a definate destination for all the yups that live in Atlanta or come down here to visit. lol.......The ommision of NW Georgia, HWY 136 over to NW Alabama and the Interstates going north to head you back to Maine is a welcomed fact. Alabama and the North bound interstate is perhaps 2 hours from Elijay and I-75 up to Chattanooga and then North is 45 minutes...... It totally means I can take the highways over here and not be bothered by ANY traffic most any day of the week. Few LEO's, NO RV's, and few yups; but locals poking along to go down to the store for breakfast can be a hazard.

Anyway, LOTS of roads over here and MANY campgrounds that are pretty much empty during the week and NOT crowded on weekends..............lol.......yes, good food at most any little store you want to stop at and find out what southern home cooking is about..............Have a good trip.....God bless.......Dennis

Eats dirt and leaves. kurtzinpa's Avatar
    Winters, CA for the winter... is that an oxymoran?
    I was at TWO last week and it still needs some time. I am a camp host at Vogel State Park on 129@180. Can have one or two guests if you wanna stay over. hot showers!

Will be heading to RA with the group leaving form Wildcat Lodge Suches on 16th. Bring a friend.

There;s an off road area called Coopers Creek off 180 that is supposed to have many miles of fire roads to explore. and the Fish Hatchery area just north off 60. No bad roads here... getting lost is great sport.