Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: My little girl, an update.

  1. #16
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarbee View Post
    Roy,
    We have never met, but I enjoyed the update. I have found that blogging about the trials in my life cathartic. You write it and we will read it. No sympathy from me, only cheers, encouragement and compassion my friend.
    I'm not sure about miracles, but human determination and a positive attitude can make amazing things happen.
    Keep up the good work dad!
    Lynn
    I think we just have met Lynn,
    Thank you so much, I will admit that I get the occasional mouthful of rain using my smile as an umbrella, and it is hard to change from "I am certain we can fix all of this" to "That is just the way it is" without feeling like one is giving up. I just hope we are lucky enough to make the right decisions about those things. Another issue is that she is 15 now, and how easy is it to get any 15 year old to do anything that is good for them?
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  2. #17
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    3,460

    Thumbs up

    You're not posting 'updates' ............. your sharing your journey with us thru this 'journal' we sometimes call The Forum.

    Keep posting the milestones in her life - she has an unlimited number of 'uncles' out here she has never met ........ yet!

    God Bless.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

  3. #18
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    Roy, I had no idea that West Nile could do that, until I read your post and researched it.

    So, your post did do some good- in so much as sharing important information.

    I too have been wondering of late how she was doing, and I'm glad to see the progress.

    Bless your family Roy, and you for being a good Dad!

    Ken
    Thank you.
    it is not an easy transition to go from "she is severely impaired now" to "we are lucky we still have her" and I may have gotten there sooner than my wife. However, the 5 years later diagnosis of West Nile, and after being in support groups, only to find some folks have children impaired much more and even dying, "we are lucky we still have her" *Says Roy with gritted teeth*

    That is mostly because she had a Grand Mal seizure about a month ago, so we are walking on eggshells around here, even after her meds were upped.
    Even though she has had seizures in the past, they were Petit Mal, and this one was even more upsetting to see. So far so good.

    I also want to say, I can't remember logging in since before the the forum upgrade, I was locked out for a while after, I missed the memo. I used that opportunity to get my bikes running again, but my good friend Dale sent some pm's and here we are.
    Thank you Webmaster Kurt, I will try and pay more attention.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  4. #19
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    You're not posting 'updates' ............. your sharing your journey with us thru this 'journal' we sometimes call The Forum.

    Keep posting the milestones in her life - she has an unlimited number of 'uncles' out here she has never met ........ yet!

    God Bless.
    Thank you, Uncle Greenwald, for that most sage Touring Tip.

    Excellent, but I would add it's more her journey, even though we are intertwined.
    Usually I post mine in Ride Reports.
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 05-08-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  5. #20
    Chromehead bobs98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Marlton, South Jersey
    Posts
    1,059
    I don't know what else to say Roy, other than your entire family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    I am happy that that there is continued progress after ongoing setbacks.
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

  6. #21
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    I don't know what else to say Roy, other than your entire family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    I am happy that that there is continued progress after ongoing setbacks.
    Thank you, the moto family I have here is always in my thoughts as well. That is why I try and make the Nationals, to see the folks that don't live so close. This year, I can't make it, but the good news is next year's is very close.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  7. #22
    Registered User Rod Sheridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    Thank you, the moto family I have here is always in my thoughts as well. That is why I try and make the Nationals, to see the folks that don't live so close. This year, I can't make it, but the good news is next year's is very close.
    Roy, thanks for the update, I think of you frequently.

    I hope to be at the National in 2014, hope to see you there, this year RA at Biltmore beckons again.........Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

  8. #23
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Roy, thanks for the update, I think of you frequently.

    I hope to be at the National in 2014, hope to see you there, this year RA at Biltmore beckons again.........Rod.
    Rod!

    Yep, I can't get enough time off to do Oregon properly, and I am getting too old for butt burners on an Airhead.
    St Paul it is! I may try and finagle a way to bring the wife and daughter.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  9. #24
    ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Manitowoc, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,076
    Roy, if there is some way "we" can help make next year possible, I'd enjoy having Rachel and Nancy there.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

  10. #25
    Rally Rat Sue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    2,018
    I can't believe how grown up she has gotten! She is beautiful.... takes after Nancy, thank God.

    Thanks for sharing, Roy.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

  11. #26
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by SUE View Post
    I can't believe how grown up she has gotten! She is beautiful.... takes after Nancy, thank God.

    Thanks for sharing, Roy.
    Hey!

    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  12. #27
    Registered User WI Sharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICMECHANIC View Post
    Roy, if there is some way "we" can help make next year possible, I'd enjoy having Rachel and Nancy there.
    Count me in on the "we."
    Sharon - WI Club, #GSGiants2014
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Bought a F650GS Twin

  13. #28
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by WI Sharon View Post
    Count me in on the "we."




    Thank you Sharon.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

  14. #29
    Registered User rebake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    green valley,il
    Posts
    447
    Hope you and mrs Roy have many more happy progress moments Roy.Still praying for you all.Cindylu and I are headed to the R.A. And I will do mid Ohio vintage instead of the national.Remember to breathe and relax when you can.Ed
    Ed Baker

  15. #30
    Registered User Rapid_Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by rebake View Post
    Hope you and mrs Roy have many more happy progress moments Roy.Still praying for you all.Cindylu and I are headed to the R.A. And I will do mid Ohio vintage instead of the national.Remember to breathe and relax when you can.Ed
    Thank you Ed, and that Summer sounds most excellent. There is a Vintage Rally in Viroqua, WI that is during the MOA NAtional, and this year I hope to ride the '55 R50 again, perhaps along with my brother on his old Panhead. I can't put a value on that.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •