Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 R1200RT Bike lurches at low throttle position

Surging

My 1150 did this a lot but my 2010 RT is perfect. I have 65000km on the bike and I had to finally change the shims on the bottom intake valves both sides. I checked the sync after and it is still perfect. I can't believe your injectors will be out so this may not be your problem. I would try a 911 and chart some real time plots of fuel/throttle position/ injectors etc unfilled something comes up.

Good luck
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon, MB - Canada
    2010 RT Owner

Registered User jcbusy1@gmail.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 168217 View Post
    My 1150 did this a lot but my 2010 RT is perfect. I have 65000km on the bike and I had to finally change the shims on the bottom intake valves both sides. I checked the sync after and it is still perfect. I can't believe your injectors will be out so this may not be your problem. I would try a 911 and chart some real time plots of fuel/throttle position/ injectors etc unfilled something comes up.

Good luck
    I just bought a 911 and plotting some sensors sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for the help,
    Joe
    2011 R1200RT

I have some ideas on this (i ride a 99 R1100S and just went through ALL of this repeatedly)

first - clean the throttle bodies well. maybe do the zero zero throttle position sensor adjustment. (This is a miracle-worker if it is out of adjustment) and then recheck the grip cable clearance, sync TBs, adjust BBS idle, etc. i have almost 0 play in the cable.
    Also check the throttle plates are actually landing at the idle stop screws - both. it is a great tinkerbell project - this fiune tuning. I am just not paying a mechanic $90 an hour to tinker... see attached and serch the web for your bike's specifics on this procedure. do at your own risk. see http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...46471029,d.dmg http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...46471029,d.dmg