Thread: Original Grip Buddies

Original Grip Buddies

Anyone use these ?
    Does the heat from the heted grips radiate through them ?

Yes it does. Very well, actually. I stopped by the booth at the MOA rally last summer and felt them. I put a set in my son's Christmas stocking and got one for myself as well. It's a good product and worth the money.

The grips on my F800 are just shy of the softness of a hockey puck. I was looking at their web site the other night thinking they may give a little extra cushion
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I just took mine off. One year old and the material started to break down. I was never a big fan of the fact that they have a seem. I will be lookiing for other options (seemless).
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    I just took mine off. One year old and the material started to break down. I was never a big fan of the fact that they have a seem. I will be lookiing for other options (seemless).
    I have a similar product that does not have a seam. Great for keeping the hands more comfortable, although with mine, the heat from the grips can be felt (with winter gloves), but not as strongly as without the grip covers.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    I had the first set start to crack and break down within a month. The replaced them free of charge and there are no problems with this set after a year of use.

I don't mind the seam since I always wear gloves. I do like the tactile surface and that I can grip them with my gorilla hands and not have numb fingers after riding.

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Grip Puppies have no seam, and are available in different thicknesses.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I've been using original Beemer buddies and while they do have a seam, if you're careful with placement during installation, you don't really notice it. Just keep it down at the bottom of the grip past where your fingertips end. I haven't had any trouble with the material and they're pretty much good as new after a year and about 6000 miles.

The heat comes through the grips fine. Overall I'm very pleased with them!
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

I picked up a pair of Beemer Buddies a while back. They do pad the grips a little and make them a little fatter so they do seem to help. However, the original grips on my RS are pretty fat already so I had to stretch the buddies quite a bit to make them fit. I could just barely get them to connect. If they were a little longer they'd probably fit & work better. For newer bikes with skinnier, more cylindrical grips they'd probably work better.
    1983 R100RS
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558