Thread: ROADGEAR praise

ROADGEAR praise

Just want to let you folks know how pleased I am with ROADGEARS service.
    I bought one of their tire gauges at a National Rally. Can't remember weather it was Johnson City or Bloomsburg. Anyway the gauge ceased working. I asked if they rebuilt gauges. Their reply was it was guaranteed for 5 years and even though I didn't have receipts or even remember when I purchased it, ROADGEAR replaced the gauge with a brand new one for a slight fee to cover shipping and handling. What a great outfit to do business with. Oh, did I mention that all this was completed in less than 2 weeks?

Mike Stevens
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

It's nice to hear the stories of good customer service. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I also bought one of their tire gauges at the Johnson City rally. It has not worked for some time.

I sent them an email Friday night and don't expect any response until at least Monday.

Your posting gives me hope they will honor the warranty...I also don't have my receipt anymore.

Thanks for doing this posting. The reviews of RoadGear products and service on Amazon are not good.
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Tire Gauge accuracy

After receiving the ROADGEAR gauge, I ran a test of sorts with 3 other gauges. Slime (marketed by the folks that market Slime tire sealant), accu-gage, ROADGEAR, and a pencil gauge. Here's the comparison:
    F700GS R65LS Pickup Truck
    RR FRNT RR FRNT L RR

Slime (dial) 43# 36# X 34# 38# X = didn't fit in wheel

accu-gage (dial) 40# 34# 33# 31# 35#

ROADGEAR (digital) 44# 37.5# 36.5# 34.5# 38.5#

Pencil 42# 35# 35# 32# 38#

What's to be believed?
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

Quote Originally Posted by chilibowlfan View Post
    After receiving the ROADGEAR gauge, I ran a test of sorts with 3 other gauges. Slime (marketed by the folks that market Slime tire sealant), accu-gage, ROADGEAR, and a pencil gauge. Here's the comparison:
    What's to be believed?
    Monsoor Schafi - a friend of mine - built Roadgear into a class operation. We have lost a good friend in his leaving the US to serve in the Peace Corps. However, we have not lost anything in his company.

What's to be believed? Good question - but there are variables that have to be considered when you start looking to a comparison between air guages. Hit the link.

http://www.nmpcs.com/Bikes/200511gauges.pdf
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

What's to be believed?
    It is hard to tell. Too many gauges is too confusing. And yours aren't exactly consistent with differences. I too have several gauges that don't read the same. But the one I have chosen to use the most has been declared to be the one I trust. My most convenient to use one reads 2 pounds higher so I compensate when checking/adding air.

I don't run the same pressures in winter as I do in the summer. I don't run the same pressures when traveling with full kit touring in the summer because the 150 pounds of luggage and gear is like having a passenger. I compare cold pressure to hot pressure to see if I like the pressures in the current conditions. Then I adjust accordingly.

I also happen to have a Smartite TPMS system on my R1150R and for lack of any better precision standard that is what I have picked to declare to be right. Is it? Maybe! But if you use the same gauge as the standardized gauge and then check cold to hot pressure rise you can dial in good pressures for your bike and current conditions.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 05-12-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

What's to be believed?
    Although I get consistent readings (that does not mean the gauge is accurate) with my pocket sized digital pressure gauges, I decided I wanted one of quality and one with a good reputation. The specifications are better than required.

I bought a Longacre 50356. Not cheap, but then neither are my torque wrenches that I trust. And I can trust them because they are calibrated.

Douglas Williams
    If the gauge is consistent, it shouldn't matter what it reads as long as you use the same gauge for your pressure readings. Once you know what pressures work for you, don't change gauges.
    Doug
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Thanks, folks, for your advice. Always appreciated.

Mike