Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to get an r80g/s seat

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    I got the idea from a photo I saw of Dr. Greg Frasier's round the world G/S. I emailed him about it and he told me it was adapted from a JC Whitney generic saddle if memory serves. So I thought if this type of police style saddle was comfortable enough for that kind of mileage it was worth a try. Adapting it to the bike took quite a bit of doing though. Time will tell. No real long hauls on it yet.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

The Raven
    The only reason I want it is because I have a 25 lb cairn terrier in a motorcycle carrier. With the bench seat I cannot get it tight enough to be comfortable with the security. I really would like the rack so I at least have something to tie onto.

Also I know what you mean about comfort. I had an GS1100 with a Corbin and that was actually quite comfortable. When I converted the g/s to a lot of the 100gs stuff I had a subframe and Corbin single seat with the rack. That Corbin was too wide and uncomfortable. I hate seats that spread your legs when you stand to hold the bike up. On My KLR......well that is uncomfortable so learned to get used to it...it is the bar I set all comfort next to.

The Raven
    Wait.....so what I'm hearing is get the cheaper rack and adapt a generic saddle to it?

Might be a good option

Adam -

Just to close the loop on the FM...I was able to borrow someone's iPad and login to the FM...I was able to clearly see links to add new listings. I'll have to take this up with the office. Since the FM is not a feature of the forum but rather a standalone package, someone else is in control of the settings.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Adam -

Just to close the loop on the FM...I was able to borrow someone's iPad and login to the FM...I was able to clearly see links to add new listings. I'll have to take this up with the office. Since the FM is not a feature of the forum but rather a standalone package, someone else is in control of the settings.
    Thanks Kurt, still thinking it may be something to do with the fact I have not been active moa member in the past couple years.

Best
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamppaul View Post
    Thanks Kurt, still thinking it may be something to do with the fact I have not been active moa member in the past couple years.
    Active or not, it shouldn't really matter. The FM is a different animal, so that has to be the issue.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Active or not, it shouldn't really matter. .
    So you're saying anyone can have full access to the Flea Market?
    I had always thought you had to be a paying member.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

OK, just talked to the office. First, the Flea Market is actively being updated with new features and restrictions, so things may be different in the near future.

Second, I can't tell who is a paid-up member versus a member versus a guest. If you are not a paid-up member, then you won't be able to see certain features and also won't be able to put up new ads in the Flea Market. The office was going to create some kind of banner for the Flea Market so that, depending on your membership status, it will tell you that you must be a member yada yada and if you want to renew your membership, click here, etc.

So a lot of the issues are associated with old members but not active members. That was news to me.

The Raven
    OK, just talked to the office. First, the Flea Market is actively being updated with new features and restrictions, so things may be different in the near future.

Second, I can't tell who is a paid-up member versus a member versus a guest. If you are not a paid-up member, then you won't be able to see certain features and also won't be able to put up new ads in the Flea Market. The office was going to create some kind of banner for the Flea Market so that, depending on your membership status, it will tell you that you must be a member yada yada and if you want to renew your membership, click here, etc.

So a lot of the issues are associated with old members but not active members. That was news to me.
    Kurt,
    Thanks for digging into it. If what you say is true it is a real shame that forum members need to be paid members to post ads in a seperate part of MOAs site. I never renewed because I never got much from the membership, the magazine had little that interested me as I own an 81 bike. There are a few things that they could do...but most of my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears in the past....but that's a subject for another post in another section.

It's too bad that the forum cannot have a FM of it's own like 99% of other forums