Thread: Another new member from Huntsville, Alabama

Another new member from Huntsville, Alabama

Just wanted to take a minute to intro. I ride a 2002 R1150RT in black, the fastest color. It's my second BMW motorcycle, my first being a 2002 R1150R. Loved the R but didn't like the wind noise. The RT is a little better. Mostly use the bike for commuting and running around locally but I'm hoping to do some touring this summer. I do most of my own wrenching so I'll be asking questions and occasionally pretending to know what I'm talking about, but don't be fooled.

At some point I may adopt a better name than 190885 but the site's a little screwy right now. Actually had a bit of trouble getting everything working initially and still can't edit my profile. Beth Cooper in corporate has been a big help getting things straightened out which I really appreciate. See ya'll around!

John
    Huntsville, AL

Quote Originally Posted by 190885 View Post
    Just wanted to take a minute to intro. I ride a 2002 R1150RT in black, the fastest color. It's my second BMW motorcycle, my first being a 2002 R1150R. Loved the R but didn't like the wind noise. The RT is a little better. Mostly use the bike for commuting and running around locally but I'm hoping to do some touring this summer. I do most of my own wrenching so I'll be asking questions and occasionally pretending to know what I'm talking about, but don't be fooled.

At some point I may adopt a better name than 190885 but the site's a little screwy right now. Actually had a bit of trouble getting everything working initially and still can't edit my profile. Beth Cooper in corporate has been a big help getting things straightened out which I really appreciate. See ya'll around!

John
    Huntsville, AL
    Hey John,
    Make sure you make it to the Alabama BMW State rally at Ditto Landing Memorial Day weekend. If you aren't familiar with Ditto it is the harbor/campground off of 231 down at the Tennessee river. We will be there from Thrusday through Sunday morning. You will be made very welcome!!!!
    Jim
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R100/7,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA

Quote Originally Posted by jdubick View Post
    Hey John,
    Make sure you make it to the Alabama BMW State rally at Ditto Landing Memorial Day weekend.
    Jim,

If I'm in town I will definitely come by. Know very well where Ditto is - though it was underwater last week! Is there a link where I can get some more information about the schedule?

John

Welcome.

Be sure to join the Alabama Beemers. A great club, very active and friendly people.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.