Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: IBMWR renege

[QUOTE=lmo1131;875312]Now, an airhead snowblower that would be a real status symbol QUOTE]

Something like THIS perhaps......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

"Something like THIS perhaps...... "

That was a surprise.
    Seek Fun. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most fools do" BF
    2009 K1300GT, S1000RR sold, F650 sold
    2011 R1200GSA
    2014 Kawasaki DTracker 250 (Chiang Mai Thailand)

I set you up Mac ...

It's an Isetta engine, manufactured by BMW

See > Does the Airhead Snow Blower Exist?
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Innkeeper

Question Pity the cliques

Quote Originally Posted by 58058D View Post
    Sheesh - Unnecessary hasty generalizations. I could say California was the same until the XYZ folks came in (or is that a Pace Picante commercial)....etc. Times have changed, people's behaviour has changed, their prior address has little to do with it...slime balls have been around everywhere forever, if we are lucky, we can avoid contact with them. In my business, I am generally lucky. But I get the rare bad one as well and location of origin has nothing to do with it.
    Seems to me that what we have digressed in this thread to one of cliques.
    Either you are part of one or want to be. Both positions are intellectually indefensible.

I must not qualify? Having been "in this thread" I'm sure no clique type...Count me out of your e.g. as I don't join stuff-except MOA?
    I thought the digression was more toward "funny HaHa machines"?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

I've bought and sold a lot of BMW stuff here and on the BMWST forum. Every transaction has gone well. Both parties happy. No BS.

Maybe I'm just lucky?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    I've bought and sold a lot of BMW stuff here and on the BMWST forum. Every transaction has gone well. Both parties happy. No BS.

Maybe I'm just lucky?
    No, you aren't lucky, unless I am too. That is why this sort of thing was so remarkable I posted about it.

I did complain to IBMWR admin about it, and the ad was pulled. They agreed that a deal is a deal, and this sort of thing is unacceptable

So, logically speaking... IF the Administrators at IBMWR admit that this aforementioned behavior occurred on their BMW-oriented website, and it is considered unacceptable, THEN, through guilt-by-association, some BMW riders must also be contained within that sub-group of low-life scooter trash. You have proof.

Of course eBay maintains the same policy with regard to changing the conditions of a sale, after the sale.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Having been on ebay as a regular for a bit it has it's share of real world vagaries. On some problems there they(which seems to mean the Indians lately that answer the phone- in India, of course) have stepped up & made it right(ebay or the buyer/seller) and on a few its been a bummer. No place else like it though for MC parts! Be they BMW or other...
    As for "better,more honest,nicey nice transactions within the MOA-well I've had not many but were ok & I suppose you're ods are slightly better than "outside" transactions but that's due to elimination of 14 yr old bidders,village idiots,etc., is my notion.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.