Thread: Bike to bike Comm

Bike to bike Comm

I just ordered a K1600 GTL.

My friends use either CB based comm systems or the BMW Schuberth C3 comm. When I ride I don't use the phone, listen to the radio, or want to have a commentary with other riders. I ride hard and concentrate. Having a bike to bike comm for hazards or route changes has some use.

Apparently the Scala G9 doesn't link with the bike controls, or to a CB, or to the BMW system.

Is there any way to communicate between two of the systems (e.g. CB to BMW system, Scala to CB)?

I don't like flip visor front helmets and the BMW comm will not fit the Schuberth S2 helmet

The Schuberth comm (built by Scala) will fit the S2 & C3 but will not talk to the BMW Comm.

You may want to go to the K1600 forum and ask this question. I don't use any comm stuff on my 1600 because I am too cheap to pay the relatively high prices for the gear. I am quite content to listen to the voices or music in my head without spending hundreds of dollars.

Rick

Sena SMH10-11
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

Sena smh10 will pair to k1600 for drivers helmet only and allow helmet-helmet comm for a fair distance. It's nice because its VOX so you can have I quiet and it comes on automatically if either of you start talking. Only thing that doesn't work with k1600 is wheel volume control

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcop@wi.rr.com View Post
    You may want to go to the K1600 forum and ask this question. I don't use any comm stuff on my 1600 because I am too cheap to pay the relatively high prices for the gear. I am quite content to listen to the voices or music in my head without spending hundreds of dollars.

Rick
    It is a bit pricey isn't it? Without my iPhone earbuds I too sometimes listen to the voices in my head. Pretty darn scary at times!!

What's funny is this: I need to tape my iPhone ear buds to my head because of how snug my full face Arai is. NASCAR drivers tape themselves up with comm equipment so I figured if it was good for them it was good for me. When I pull in to some place to get something to eat for example I try to park where "normal" folk can't see the blue painters tape stuck to my ears. So embarrassing!! But at the same time so raceery!! Maybe if I wear a 3M patch on my jacket I can obtain sponsorship money?