Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The MOA website is...well...pretty awful...

Actually, I find myself not even wanting to return to this website anymore. First, as others have said, it is completely user unfriendly. Second, it has the look of something like AOL back in the 90's. I'm not an IT person, so I should not really be so critical. But this new site is a big step backwards. Anyone ever here of web 2.0?

I tried to purchase rally tickets for my wife and I and finally gave up. I mailed the money in. That was back the first of April. I still have not seen any confirmation my money was received or that I have tickets reserved. I guess we will show up and assume we are registered.

When I see the business reports in the Magazine, I see an organization that seems to have plenty of money, yet fails to understand even simple basic logic when it comes to a website and communication with its members. There is a full time staff at the main office. I would think they would be able to process rally applications in a timely manner and email confirmations back within just a few short days.

Just trying to log in has become a joke. And once you do log in, and say choose to go to the forum, you then have to move your mouse clear over to the other side of the page to click on the latest posts. While I'm not sure, I'd bet that most people go to the Forum and then start out looking at the latest posts. These two buttons should be located in the same general area of the screen so it does not take such an effort to get to the latest posts. Sounds nit-picky I know, but you shouldn't have to click on one side of the screen, then move clear over the other side of the screen to get to the most popular page.

So since the new site went online, I have all but written off this website. I check it about once a week at best. And I'm guessing that it won't be long til I just stop all together.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

John
    I guess I have been lucky? No problems. Has worked well for me and I like it better than the last update.

"So since the new site went online, I have all but written off this website. I check it about once a week at best. And I'm guessing that it won't be long til I just stop all together."

Sad to say those are my exact sentiments. Just not an appealing site to visit anymore. And as you can see I like to read in the middle of the night, but am finding it less appealing each time. Just my two cents. But, I do enjoy the hard copy ON magazine. They seem to have gotten it right there. Put those people on the website functionality work group and hey they just might get this thing fixed.

Angry Its not even funny...

... how I feel about this latest screw-up! The monthly mag arrived yesterday in great shape; kept me from going on a rant about now.

"travel'in john
    I was someone, then a number, now I'm confused... with no moa profile history?

...like I "joined" in April with 2 posts....

RK Ryder
    The listed rally events in the calendar are not totally in correct chronological order yet. I'm certain that this will be corrected soon.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Had the same issue buying the sweapstakes ticket. Called the office the following monday morning and was told the problem was with an outside vendor who actually handles that particular page.
    On a seperate note - anyone having trouble with the log in page since the web site was re-done last month? I log in and go to the forum - no problem.....change threads and the system logs me out but lets me continue reading. Then I have to log in again to post or go to a members only function.....
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100

Quote Originally Posted by kthflieger View Post
    On a seperate note - anyone having trouble with the log in page since the web site was re-done last month? I log in and go to the forum - no problem.....change threads and the system logs me out but lets me continue reading. Then I have to log in again to post or go to a members only function.....
    Yes, this is a known problem. The office is having to deal with outside people to coordinate on making the proper updates to keep us logged on. It has to do with "persistant cookies" as far as I know.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    It has to do with "persistant cookies".
    Persistant cookies make me gain weight.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Persistant cookies make me gain weight.
    Add milk, and it's a double whammy!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kthflieger View Post
    Had the same issue buying the sweapstakes ticket. Called the office the following monday morning and was told the problem was with an outside vendor who actually handles that particular page.
    Well...bottom line...we saved $200. I'm not much for lotteries anyway.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Add milk, and it's a double whammy!!
    I have one before it gets baked...lick the bowl...and then a couple of warm ones. Maybe one or two cool ones that night...a couple the next day...but I have to skip four meal times.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

I find myself only looking here once a week or every other wk. Things have gone down hill on the site & posting forget about it. As other's have said. As you tell by # my posts, not an active poster & thinking of getting rid of my BMW due to all the recalls & BMWNA not caring about their customers issues.
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

I do want to add that MOA as a whole is a great group. ANd maybe one of the reasons i'm not spending so much time here is that I do not associate this site with actual touring. In other words, I associate it more with people who are riding around on their bikes, but not really going anywhere special. It is sort of the 180 degree opposite of say, Horizons Unlimited, where everyone is traveling.

I'm preparing to head off on a 33 day trip to the Arctic and seem to be more focused on that, rather than reading about someone's new farkle, or ride to work, or whatever. So maybe there is more to why I'm not reading the Forum as much as I used to.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Cool

I have been having the same issues...cannot stay logged on...no merchandise other than tickets...descriptions & pictures not being available in the flea market...etc...

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    I do want to add that MOA as a whole is a great group. ANd maybe one of the reasons i'm not spending so much time here is that I do not associate this site with actual touring. In other words, I associate it more with people who are riding around on their bikes, but not really going anywhere special. It is sort of the 180 degree opposite of say, Horizons Unlimited, where everyone is traveling.

I'm preparing to head off on a 33 day trip to the Arctic and seem to be more focused on that, rather than reading about someone's new farkle, or ride to work, or whatever. So maybe there is more to why I'm not reading the Forum as much as I used to.
    Maybe this is not the club for you. I enjoy hearing about all of it and visit once a day. Trips to the Artic do not exite me nor do round the world jaunts anymore than someone on a day ride or weekend ride with their buddys. I have been riding now for sixty one years including other countries and still enjoy the every day things.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."