Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Superstakes tickets - How many already sold?

Soooooooooo close!

A guy named Carney won.

My name is Cainey!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Not a reply but a question

How long does it take to receive your Superstakes numbers once you purchase. I bought (paid my $100.) about three weeks ago and have heard nothing back. I even sent a message to MOA asking if there was some problem with the purchase. They charged my card so I know there was no problem with them taking the money; there never is in that direction.

DW
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Be patient, the letter will come.

Mine took just over a month.
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

DW -

If it's going to Taichung, Taiwan, it might take a while! On the other hand, I got mine fairly quickly in San Antonio. Go figure! Maybe New Braunfels is "lost" in that I-35 corridor to Austin??
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I believe that last year, just under 9000 tickets were sold. Looks like the odds might be better this year.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

This year I purchased at the very start of sales and the ticket arrived very quickly. Like a week or 10 days.
    Last year it took a long time and I called the office and the ticket arrived quickly thereafter.

I'm a little worried about that

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    DW -

If it's going to Taichung, Taiwan, it might take a while! On the other hand, I got mine fairly quickly in San Antonio. Go figure! Maybe New Braunfels is "lost" in that I-35 corridor to Austin??
    Yup, NB is lost in the summer time for sure; you can't see the ground for all the people. I try and stay away from there until after Sept.

On the purchase they asked for billing address (mine is in New Braunfels) and I thought that is where it would be sent....but after the transaction they showed a receipt with Taichung Taiwan as the billing address....anyway, I'll be patient; I just can't hardly wait to pick up my new bike...

On another note, I have only received one MOA magazine in the past 5 months, and that was 5 months ago......anyway, I'll get in touch with the right person and find out whats going on. I just have to wait until after midnight here to call.

DW
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Quote Originally Posted by 22600 View Post
    On another note, I have only received one MOA magazine in the past 5 months, and that was 5 months ago......anyway, I'll get in touch with the right person and find out whats going on. I just have to wait until after midnight here to call.

DW
    That has got to be a post office issue wouldn't you think? Maybe the MOA isn't putting the right postage on the mag?

Updates to ticket sales?

So has anyone heard how the ticket sales are going? Last I heard it was around 3000 for the early bird.
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Need to buy a 700GS Twin

Register???

I registered for the SALEM Rally by PHONE in about a month ago, no word yet to my confirm of that? The computer in MO. has issues! I will buy Sweeps ticket soon, but had to ask when I got to rally in MO. to get my number for sweepstake last year! Never got it sent to me. I wonder where my Rally Registration confirm is at? Anybody reading this in MO., my member number is 13233 me/13234 my wife. Our Visa shows debit took place. You may find yourself checking into Salem Rally with no sweeps number sent and the Rally Officials can get it to ya there, ASK! I did at registration tent Sedalia and they had it on file at regis. tent. Randy.

Wasn't the Post Office this time

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    That has got to be a post office issue wouldn't you think? Maybe the MOA isn't putting the right postage on the mag?
    Just got the following from Beth Cooper at MOA:

Hi,
    I have figured out why you're not getting a magazine. I now have to figure out how to fix it. Our IT person is on vacation this week. Once he gets back I will talk to him about this in the mean time I will get your back issues sent out to you.

I did get my sweepstakes number the other day, so they must have my address here in Taiwan; it just took a while.

I guess I'll have to have them ship the new bike I'm gonna win to Texas.

So she didn't really explain WHY, just said she figured it out. I still think that it likely was a postage issue, they're probably not used to sending BMW Motorcycle Owners of America issues overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by WI Sharon View Post
    So has anyone heard how the ticket sales are going? Last I heard it was around 3000 for the early bird.
    We have about 5,000 tickets purchased to date. The best odds are in Bonus Drawing B, where less than 1,000 ticket numbers are included. If you are interested in a new F800GS, get your Superstakes ticket with Bonus Drawing B before June 30!
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    So she didn't really explain WHY, just said she figured it out. I still think that it likely was a postage issue, they're probably not used to sending BMW Motorcycle Owners of America issues overseas.
    But, I got the first one here in 2013 without a problem. Plus I was here years ago and got them without a hitch. I also bought a friend of mine here a subscription to BMWMOA a few years ago and he got it also. So, I think MOA has experience in sending overseas. But then again, who knows? Maybe a new employee at MOA is not used to sending overseas.

ON another note; I sitting here watching the Spurs sock it to MIA in the 5th game. Go Spurs !!

DW