Thread: Repairs needed: BMW Streetguard 3 suit

Repairs needed: BMW Streetguard 3 suit

Purchased in 2009, I have a Streetguard 3 suit which has performed superbly until today. The main zipper is shacked and, if i am to interpret the dealer response, cannot be repaired - only replaced.

I find this hard to swallow and call on the forums to provide additional input.

Do you know anyone experianced in repairing BMW riding suits? If so, would you forward their contact information to this poster?

Thank you.

Best,
    BlackFly Fred
    Black Fly BMW Riders
    The (now) Legendary Motorcyclists of New England

Yankee Beemers

Talking

Fred - Check Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle.
    '14 R1200GS,
    Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.

Just read about this tonight on ADVRider. This guy in CT seems to have made a lot of people happy. Hope this helps.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624706

Try A Local Tailor

I have a Streetguard 2 suit and it needed repairs to one zipper and much velcro replacement. The dealer suggested I contact a special shop that repairs BMW clothing. I contacted them and after considering the price and time, I contacted a few local tailors and explained my problem. One said "sure, I can fix it." The local tailor did a great job for a fraction of the price and time.

You might get lucky, so call a few local tailors. Unless the suit is under warranty, you do not need to send it to a special shop.
    Andre Boening
    2010 F800GS and 2012 K1600GT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by andreb View Post
    I have a Streetguard 2 suit and it needed repairs to one zipper and much velcro replacement. The dealer suggested I contact a special shop that repairs BMW clothing. I contacted them and after considering the price and time, I contacted a few local tailors and explained my problem. One said "sure, I can fix it." The local tailor did a great job for a fraction of the price and time.

You might get lucky, so call a few local tailors. Unless the suit is under warranty, you do not need to send it to a special shop.

+ 1