Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 99

Thread: Salty fog riders rally 2013

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    335

    Ahhh.... at 4 bowls of Mary's famous Chicken Soup; YOU then, just may...

    .....qualify for a coveted "maritime moniker" !!! Something like... "Four Bowl" Bud or "No More" Bud... just as long as it's not "Last Bowl".....
    always a sad time along the passive Larry's River homestead. About right now, the tour is finishing a hearty breakfast at the Clucking Hen
    eatery, along the north shore of Lake Big Bra's d' Or. That will keep'em full as pass the perilous Wreck Cove on the Cabot Trail, toward the
    Capstick "cut-off", and onto the precipice of Meat Cove! And in looking at the temp's & precipitation over Cape Breton.... the Chowder Hut
    and it's penthouse deck overlooking Cape North & the Cabot Strait... better prepare for a "run" on hot chowder! Tonight's campfire on the
    perch of land in front of the tents, will be welcomed as the cruise ships slide by out below...."wish ye were there ..eh"

    Next year, consider joining the HexST'er & I for the journey. Always an adventure that Salty Fog; one should experience the "edge of earth"
    gathering... not a finer location to enjoy a nip & good cigar....even if the "breeze" is up! ..

    "Travel'n" John... aka "Three Bowl" in the Maritimes, vicinity of the 46th N parallel.

  2. #62
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308

    Thank you all for coming!

    All home safe. More than a few stories. The weather gods continued to test our resolve but soldier on we did! Stay tuned for the Ride Report (in a new thread). It will take a few weeks to assemble all the pictures but it will happen. Even a little video or two. Again this year a great crew of participants. Again, stay tuned for the report. - Bob and Mary
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  3. #63
    mogu83 mogu83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beachwood,NJ
    Posts
    53
    Speaking for myself and I'm sure all of the others that made the trek up North I'd like to thank Bob and Mary for putting on another fun event.
    The weather in the maritines changes quickly but fortunately so does this event, so far the results have always been interesting and usually fun. If you want to stay dry and don't want to occasionally ride in the rain you might want to consider staying home and watching TV. OTOH If you want to have a good time with some fun people give this a try.
    Harry Costello...nowadays I got me two good wheels
    And I seek refuge in aluminum and steel
    It takes me out there for just a little while
    And the years fall away with every mile

  4. #64
    Registered User chasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,119

    Thumbs up On The List!

    We're hoping to make this rally in the future. A good friend says it's a GREAT one! Maybe in 2014?
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

  5. #65
    Rally Rat empeg9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    643
    I haven't done this ride since the first one. I need to think about doing it again. I would love to be there in 2014.


    Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

  6. #66
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    .....qualify for a coveted "maritime moniker" !!! Something like... "Four Bowl" Bud or "No More" Bud... just as long as it's not "Last Bowl".....
    always a sad time along the passive Larry's River homestead. About right now, the tour is finishing a hearty breakfast at the Clucking Hen
    eatery, along the north shore of Lake Big Bra's d' Or. That will keep'em full as pass the perilous Wreck Cove on the Cabot Trail, toward the
    Capstick "cut-off", and onto the precipice of Meat Cove! And in looking at the temp's & precipitation over Cape Breton.... the Chowder Hut
    and it's penthouse deck overlooking Cape North & the Cabot Strait... better prepare for a "run" on hot chowder! Tonight's campfire on the
    perch of land in front of the tents, will be welcomed as the cruise ships slide by out below...."wish ye were there ..eh"

    Next year, consider joining the HexST'er & I for the journey. Always an adventure that Salty Fog; one should experience the "edge of earth"
    gathering... not a finer location to enjoy a nip & good cigar....even if the "breeze" is up! ..

    "Travel'n" John... aka "Three Bowl" in the Maritimes, vicinity of the 46th N parallel.
    ..... YOUR BOWL IS PACKED AWAY ..... WAITING. MAYBE 2014? BTW, THE DECK ON THE CHOWDER HUT GOT SUCKED INTO THE SKY BY THE FEROCIOUS WIND GODS. UP AND OVER THE HUT! NEW ONE COMING. HOWEVER, THE FOOD THIS YEAR WAS SPECTACULAR AND IS CLEARLY ON OUR LUNCHEON LIST FOR NEXT YEAR. THE CAMPING PLAN IS 'UNDER REVIEW'. LOOK FOR PICS IN THE UPCOMING TRIP REPORT. - bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  7. #67
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by mogu83 View Post
    Speaking for myself and I'm sure all of the others that made the trek up North I'd like to thank Bob and Mary for putting on another fun event.
    The weather in the maritines changes quickly but fortunately so does this event, so far the results have always been interesting and usually fun. If you want to stay dry and don't want to occasionally ride in the rain you might want to consider staying home and watching TV. OTOH If you want to have a good time with some fun people give this a try.
    Thanks for the endorsement and observations. Always a good time with a few challenges thrown in occasionally.

    NEXT YEAR: SEPT 1-5 ( with Early Arrival Day being Sunday, August 31st)
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  8. #68
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    We're hoping to make this rally in the future. A good friend says it's a GREAT one! Maybe in 2014?
    Coming from someone who really does know "great" rallies, we appreciate your interest. We're small but something special really does seem to happen in the process. Tell your good friend that we said "thank you very much". 2014 date is the week of Sept 1st so we hope that you pencil it in for now eh. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  9. #69
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    We're hoping to make this rally in the future. A good friend says it's a GREAT one! Maybe in 2014?
    That would make at least 3 of us from Illinois!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

  10. #70
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    New Jersey 4 Illinois 3 SFRR2014 is quickly taking shape! - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  11. #71
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,057
    Hey Bob, don't forget moi from Ontario.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  12. #72
    Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    3,106
    Me too, me too.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

    -Tom (KA1TOX)

  13. #73
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    New Jersey 4 Illinois 3 SFRR2014 is quickly taking shape! - Bob
    Dang, now I'm going to have to find another from Illinois to even things up!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

  14. #74
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Hey Bob, don't forget moi from Ontario.
    Gotcha INKED in!
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  15. #75
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    Me too, me too.
    We look forward to it Tom......however, do you remember Day 1 of the first Salty Fog Riders Rally?

    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •