Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Location of flea market ads

We are trying to do whatever we can to keep things rolling on "this side of the screen". As luck would have it, I'm helping out on another forum that has a fresh/unchanged/modified version of V-Bulletin so I can make comparisons between here and there.
    we'll keep trying to have things run smooth.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Thumbs up Oh the joy...

.....I am now displaying city & state in the bike listings for sale! Let the party begin!!!

WELL DONE everyone

And did you notice that you stay logged in now!! That's been a welcomed change, too! Thanks to the office for working that out...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Flea Market Question

Thanks for all the hard work you have been doing to provide our web presence.

When I look at the Flea Market at things and bikes I don' need to be buying I seem to be only able to look at things and/or bikes without looking at both at the same time in the chronological order they were listed. Is there a way to look at all listings in the order they come in. I would hate to miss a deal I really don't need because I am looking at things and not bikes, or vice versa.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71449 Life

Wayne -

There is a sort option section, one of the options is sort by "Latest Classified". From what I can tell, it seems to return the ads with the newest listed first.

Does that do what you want?
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Kurt thanks for the quick reply - you should be watching the Indy 500 not answering forum posts

When I select the Latest Classified sort while in the item category on the right side of the screen I get all the items in chronological order but no bikes (at least going back to May 10th).

When I select the Latest Listings sort while in the bike category on the right side of the screen I get all the bikes but no items.

I would like to get all the listings if possible. Maybe I am doing something wrong but it seems that it is one or the other.

Best regards.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI

Wayne -

That's what DVRs are for!

I've played a little bit and see some funky stuff going on, but here's what I see:

- on the main Flea Market, no category selected, I can sort by Latest Classified and I get Page 1 of 36 (of 355 records)----at that point, I think I'm seeing all items regardless of category shown in a list of chronological order, the newest first.

- I select Oilheads/Hexheads (80 items), I get to see Page 1 of 8 (of 80 records)...the last item is an R1200RT in Wisconsin. Then if I select Latest Classified, it changes to Page 1 of 19 (of 184 records). I don't understand that. Not sure what the 184 records are, but there happen to be 179 bikes listed in the summary on the right side of the page. Maybe someone has posted a bike in one of the other non-bike categories.

- if I select Accessories (136 items), I get to see Page 1 of 14 (of 136 records). Then, selecting Latest Classified, it stays with Page 1 of 14 (of 136 records). Looks like nothing changed like it did when viewing the bike section.

I did the same thing with BMW parts and after selecting Latest Classifieds, the same number items was still shown.

So, if in one of the bike categories, it seems that using the sort feature pulls in all of the bikes. But if you're in one of the non-bike categories, sorting just sorts within that category. If you want to see the latest of any item regardless of the category, just select Latest Classifieds on the main page before selecting a category.

There might still be a bug with this, though??

Thanks Kurt.

I went thru the 35 pages with the 300+ files on the Flea Market, no category section, and for the greatest part there are only what I will call items not bikes. There were two parts bikes, one 650 and a side car rig but none other. I think if you want to look at everything you need to select latest in the accessory/part category and then switch over to the bike category. It does not look like we can get everything in one area. Now I at least will know how to get that done in the most efficient approach.

So many deals and so little time.

Thanks again. Now back to the race.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    # 71449

Nice, Wayne! Great patience to do that!

I see what you're saying. As of this moment, there are 179 bikes in the right-side summary and 406 "other" items for a total of 585 items. If you go the FM and don't select a category, there are 36 pages for 358 records. OK, now something doesn't add up!

I did the same thing, and after 4-5 pages, no bikes at all. According to my numbers above, 30% of the FM items should be bikes, but you certainly don't see that when paging through like you suggest.

I'll make a note and pass this on to the office.