Thread: ESA Shock and 2 helmets indictor

ESA Shock and 2 helmets indictor

Greetings
    After have a Works shock installed by the local dealer ($2700) and riding about 200 miles of 2 up and then trying to switch to 1 helmet for solo riding, the ESA is stuck on 2 helmets!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then I find this site on ESA shocks with great information like adjusting preload while unladen, we have be doing that since the RT was returned. Has any one ever been told this by a dealer? Why was such basic information not included in the riders manual? What being stuck on 2 helmets means, is also there under problems.
    Any one have a cure for such trouble?
    Sorry if I placed this post under the wrong forum or if the topic was covered. I just could not find the forum for bitching.

Thanks tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

Quote Originally Posted by motocamper View Post
    Greetings
    After have a Works shock installed by the local dealer ($2700) and riding about 200 miles of 2 up and then trying to switch to 1 helmet for solo riding, the ESA is stuck on 2 helmets!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then I find this site on ESA shocks with great information like adjusting preload while unladen, we have be doing that since the RT was returned. Has any one ever been told this by a dealer? Why was such basic information not included in the riders manual? What being stuck on 2 helmets means, is also there under problems.
    Any one have a cure for such trouble?
    Sorry if I placed this post under the wrong forum or if the topic was covered. I just could not find the forum for bitching.

Thanks tony
    The problem is that I don't ride your bike. I ride with two helmets in the ESA indicator all the time.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19