Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ohio to Oregon Salem in July

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    K75RT Keith
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky River Ohio
    Posts
    51

    Ohio to Oregon Salem in July

    Anyone riding from Oh to the National looking for a riding buddy?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by KKELLER149854 View Post
    Anyone riding from Oh to the National looking for a riding buddy?

    I'm considering it. I'm near Cincinnati. How many miles / hours p/day do you do? Back roads or slab? Overall time being allowed? Camp or motel?


    Ron

  3. #3
    K75RT Keith
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky River Ohio
    Posts
    51
    Ron,

    I'm near Cleveland. Think between 600 and 750 miles per day. Some Slab and was planning to motel it. Planning on leaving on Saturday to arrive by Wednesday late afternoon. Only real stop I had planned was Boise ID on Tuesday.
    Trip home is via Ashland where I meet up with the wife. Then wife & I will go back through Jackson Wy to see family

  4. #4
    No longer a member here
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    Several from our club (BMW Motorcycle Club of Akron) are riding. I would assume you could join them easily from where you are in Rocky River.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by KKELLER149854 View Post
    Ron,

    I'm near Cleveland. Think between 600 and 750 miles per day. Some Slab and was planning to motel it. Planning on leaving on Saturday to arrive by Wednesday late afternoon. Only real stop I had planned was Boise ID on Tuesday.
    Trip home is via Ashland where I meet up with the wife. Then wife & I will go back through Jackson Wy to see family

    Sorry about the delay..and thanks for the consideration. But I doubt that I have that daily mileage in me anymore, so I would not want to commit to it.

    Ride safe & enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ron

  6. #6
    Registered User DPeakMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Franklin, IN
    Posts
    307
    Any great routing ideas for the trip out there? From the Indianapolis area. I'll have only 4 days. So looks like slab to at least past Iowa doing big mileage the first 2 days and enjoying it a little more through WY, ID and OR. Any suggestions appreciated!
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by DPeakMD View Post
    Any great routing ideas for the trip out there? From the Indianapolis area. I'll have only 4 days. So looks like slab to at least past Iowa doing big mileage the first 2 days and enjoying it a little more through WY, ID and OR. Any suggestions appreciated!


    4 days Total!?..or 4 days each way + the rally?

    I really recommend US-20 [the Oregon Trail] & or US-2 ...one out, one back....but 4 days won't do it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •