Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ten years ago

Ah !!!

....just purchased a Sweepstakes ticket. That was opportunity wasn't it??? Smart & $100 bucks shorter at the same time... damm forum! .

Quote Originally Posted by kz1000ken View Post
    There are many unsung hero's working behind the scene who give much, but never post patting themselves on the back.
    You're right. There have been literally hundreds of people who have volunteered in some way - to create content, or code, or admin and moderation work, or database and ecommerce applications - that have contributed to the MOA's web presence over the past 17 years.

Thanks to everyone.

Rob's post certainly was more to observe an important anniversary than it was to seek accolades.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I can find 10 members who have a join date prior to 3/15/2003, actually 9 because one appears to be associated with smugmug. Ted Verrill, Greg Feeler, and Don Deilenberger are among this group...not sure if they were part of the team that set up the forum.
    Kurt, Ted's role was as curmudgeonly advisor, Don E. was pontificator. That Feeler guy was pretty much kept parked in a corner so he'd stay out of trouble.

Ian - too funny!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I am glad you folks took the time to do this. MOA membership is great, but the forum is the icing on the cake.

Thank you .
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I am glad you folks took the time to do this. MOA membership is great, but the forum is the icing on the cake.
    I take it you have yet to visit the election forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post

Rob's post certainly was more to observe an important anniversary than it was to seek accolades.

Ian
    Yup.. Actually I was in the Election Forum when I looked at my join date and thought "holy cow, has it really been 10 years?" I thought it was a milestone worth pointing out. BTW, this year's election discussions are quite civilized.

It's been a great ride and thanks in large part to your steady push the media department of the MOA is very close to what you were talking about in 2003.

While there were only 10 of us in the first week, over the years we've had help from over 50,000 people to make the MOA forum rock. Thanks to each and every one of you.

-Edited to fix spelling and date-
    Last edited by Rob Nye; 04-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    It took me a while to find the forum. I was working the Beer Garden at the 2004 International Rally when Santa (Beer Team in here) told me we were having a special group meeting. Yes, it was the first Meat Meet. The Forum Riders meeting in meat space. I found out that I knew some of these folks and they told me about the forum. At the end of the riding season in South Dakota I decided to take a look at what was going on and signed up. I have been lurking here ever since.

My thanks to all who have worked so hard to make this such a great place.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

We actually "went live" the same day we invaded Iraq.

A few of us thought that adding an ability for the members to talk with each other was going to be crucial to moving ahead as an organization.

And here we are, ten years later. Pretty amazing, I'd say.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.