Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mechanic for 1963 R69S in Detroit Area

Hello,

I had somewhat the same starting problems with my r50/2 and turned out to be the starting procedure I was doing. Spoke to Vech about my startling situation and with everything in good order he said I could be flooding it by over tickling the carbs. He said try not tickling them but with fresh plugs without key on and kick it over a few times then turn on the key kick it over. Starts first kick and no choke. He also said if the plugs got wet don't clean and reuse but replace them instead. My 2 cents.

Steve

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Hello,

I had somewhat the same starting problems with my r50/2 and turned out to be the starting procedure I was doing. Spoke to Vech about my startling situation and with everything in good order he said I could be flooding it by over tickling the carbs. He said try not tickling them but with fresh plugs without key on and kick it over a few times then turn on the key kick it over. Starts first kick and no choke. He also said if the plugs got wet don't clean and reuse but replace them instead. My 2 cents.

Steve
    I think I've been in the modern world for too long. Reading this thread has reminded me of the various procedures we use to perform in order to get our beloved to run. That's what will happen when you use your thumb for 3 decades or more!