Thread: Each time I return to a thread, all messages show

Each time I return to a thread, all messages show

If I read a thread, then come back to the forums all the messages show not just the new messages posted to that thread. Is there a way only to see the new posts that I haven't seen?
    Larry
    Midnight Blue 2013 BMW R1200RT (purchased 9/24/2013)
    2010 Harley Road Glide (gone after 61,964 miles)
    2001 Harley Electra Glide (gone after 138,048 miles)

Larry -

The way I can usually jump to the latest unread post in a thread that I previous read all posts, is to click on the small blue circle with the down arrows in it just to the left of the thread title. Another way to jump to the very last thread is to click on the small blue box to the right time/date stamp on the right side of the thread box.

The first method typically takes you to the next new post that you haven't read. It doesn't work 100% right all the time, but enough that it helps a lot.

Let us know if that helps with your situation...we can look deeper if needed.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Larry -

The first method typically takes you to the next new post that you haven't read. It doesn't work 100% right all the time, but enough that it helps a lot.

I see that on older threads but if I look at Today's Posts it doesn't show.

The second method just takes you to the last post in the thread; then you would just have to go back until you found something you already read.
    Last edited by xlarry; 02-05-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    Larry

Try Forum Actions at the top of the page, then mark forums read. I think that will do what you want.......I think it sets a "cookie" which lets the computer know where it has been. As Kurt said, let us know how it goes.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I click "quick links" then "today's posts" and get a list of all today's posts. The ones with new posts since I've read have the blue circle with arrows. The rest are below a line that says something about the threads below haven't been updated since my last visit or something. The blue circle with arrows always takes me to the first new post I haven't yet read.
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945

Larry -

I wish I could upload some pictures, but I seem to have problems doing that right now. But LDB has a good idea...I have never used that. I usually go over the New Posts in the upper left and work from there.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Larry -

The way I can usually jump to the latest unread post in a thread that I previous read all posts, is to click on the small blue circle with the down arrows in it just to the left of the thread title.
    This seems to work! Thanks.

I like the way forums work over on Delphiforums.com A much easier format!
    Larry