Thread: On the New RTWC I'd like to see...

On the New RTWC I'd like to see...

What would you like to see as an option, aftermarket or fix on your new bike?

Immediately, I would like:

1. My Bike page on the Nav 5 like the GSWC.

2. A venting option, the wind protection is THAT good. Some small, movable, clear vanes at the rear side panels that could be used to direct air behind the windscreen would be nice as the temps rise.
    Last edited by KarlG; 09-06-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
    What would you like to see as an option, aftermarket or fix on your new bike?

Immediately, I would like:

1. My Bike page on the Nav 5 like the GSWC has

2. A venting option, the wind protection is THAT good. Some small, movable, clear vanes at the rear side panels that could be used to direct air behind the windscreen would be nice as the temps rise.
    Cee Bailey's small sport screen keeps a nice clean center stream, allows greater flow to arm, shoulder, pit, chest vents. It maintains a clean quiet flow around the helmet... great summer screen in hot environs. Cut in a Gold Wing vent for more air.

The stock screen seems to work pretty well for me in its adjustment range. At its lowest setting I get quite a bit more air, (and noise), and set higher the noise and air disappears. I do think a dark tinted screen would look killer on my ebony bike though. I was expecting the stock screen to be too low because I am 6'4", but it is not.

Add to the list:

3. A lockable GPS mount OEM
    Last edited by KarlG; 09-06-2014 at 02:06 PM.

+1 on lockable GPS mount. Picked my RT up this past Wednesday and this was my 1st question to salesman on bike walk around... We both were incredulous at the lack of a lock...

My butt on the seat

I have over 6000 miles on mine and this thread got me thinking about what improvements I would like to see and I can't come up with anything. I guess that says a lot. Oh wait - I wish they would have painted the back side of the handle bars so that the sun doesn't reflect on the instrument panel. Other than that the bike is perfect.
    2014 R1200RT
    2013 C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by davidJAX View Post
    I have over 6000 miles on mine and this thread got me thinking about what improvements I would like to see and I can't come up with anything. I guess that says a lot. Oh wait - I wish they would have painted the back side of the handle bars so that the sun doesn't reflect on the instrument panel. Other than that the bike is perfect.
    I purchased black (sticky backed) vinyl wrap for application to backside of handlebars and clutch line. It really cut down any reflections and comes off easy when necessary.
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
    T
    3. A lockable GPS mount OEM
    That's interesting. I took it for granted the RT had the same type of mount like the K1600.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That's interesting. I took it for granted the RT had the same type of mount like the K1600.
    it should have as well as the same GPS functionality as the GSWC, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How about a horn with some "authority" like on the old LT?
    (I rarely use a horn, but when a texting cager abruptly wanders into my lane space I really need a way to get their attention!)

How about a low seat that has some genuine support -- better still, how about simply out-sourcing that option to Sargent?

How about a well shaped, cushy back pad on the top box that is really comfortable for the passenger?

As for the GPS, the auto "lock" on my K1600 was very cool -- park it and forget it. Now whenever I park the RT I have to stop myself to remember it's too risky to leave the GPS in place. It's a pain to always have to remove it, lock it somewhere secure, or take it with me, which is usually the most inconvenient alternative. (When BMW does get around to creating a lock I hope it can be fitted to our 2014.)

Weston

Quote Originally Posted by mpswelsh View Post
    +1 on lockable GPS mount. Picked my RT up this past Wednesday and this was my 1st question to salesman on bike walk around... We both were incredulous at the lack of a lock...
    Back when I did the walk around with the salesman he pointed to the left had glove box as your locking device. I just laughed. I then asked about tools, he pointed to the right hand glove box this is where you keep your phone and BMW Ride Assistance phone number. Yep more laughter?

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by strataj View Post
    Back when I did the walk around with the salesman he pointed to the left had glove box as your locking device. I just laughed. I then asked about tools, he pointed to the right hand glove box this is where you keep your phone and BMW Ride Assistance phone number. Yep more laughter?

Jay
    Haha, indeed. The problem with the locking glove box (other than having to remove the GPS from its cradle, and then replace it when you're ready to ride again), is heat build up. You can destroy the GPS if you leave it in there under the broiling sun.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm0416 View Post
    Haha, indeed. The problem with the locking glove box (other than having to remove the GPS from its cradle, and then replace it when you're ready to ride again), is heat build up. You can destroy the GPS if you leave it in there under the broiling sun.
    Yes, BMW designs a compartment to store the GPS then warns you not to use it in the owner's manual.