Thread: 2015 R1200RT Pricing

2015 R1200RT Pricing

Pricing out on '15 RT's. BMW states Base price up only $55.00 from 2014. However, they now charge $150.00 more for metallic paint. With all current models coming in only metallic...so price is actually up $205.00 (don't ya love the smoke and mirrors of marketing/sales). UNLESS, you want the new color (blue/grey), which is $350.00 on top of the Base $17,705.00. New Keyless option is $350.00. Otherwise all packages have same content and price as 2014 models, with freight/setup still at $495.00.
    MOA #46783

Fall promotions?

Anyone know if or when BMW normally starts their Fall promotions? I am ready to buy a 2014 R1200RT once they are released for sale...just hoping for a great deal since dealers and the factory are sitting on some inventory.

Thanks

Do you mean a 2015 or a 2014 when the 2015's come out?

All of the above I guess...2014 or 2015....depends on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbedenbaugh View Post
    Anyone know if or when BMW normally starts their Fall promotions? I am ready to buy a 2014 R1200RT once they are released for sale...just hoping for a great deal since dealers and the factory are sitting on some inventory.

Thanks
    BMW times their promotions for the first day of each month. Dealers won't even know till it hits the first. Toss up on these '14's. Dealer says doubts much incentive money on them from BMW, but one would think they need to make them a little more attractive than '15's ('15's are $205 higher than '14's). Of course, dealers will be more apt to deal on the '14's to move them. I could see BMW doing a, "test" the market, with only a $500 or $750 incentive off '14's. If they don't move at that, increasing incentive first of October. All a guess for this highly unusual situation. Overall have to remember these '14's had a late introduction/delivery (Feb/March), so only been out there 6 months...still some unsatisfied demand???
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    BMW times their promotions for the first day of each month. Dealers won't even know till it hits the first. Toss up on these '14's. Dealer says doubts much incentive money on them from BMW, but one would think they need to make them a little more attractive than '15's ('15's are $205 higher than '14's). Of course, dealers will be more apt to deal on the '14's to move them. I could see BMW doing a, "test" the market, with only a $500 or $750 incentive off '14's. If they don't move at that, increasing incentive first of October. All a guess for this highly unusual situation. Overall have to remember these '14's had a late introduction/delivery (Feb/March), so only been out there 6 months...still some unsatisfied demand???

Sounds reasonable....I think I can wait until Sept 1st, that should also allow for the shock fix also. I know one dealer with one returned 2014 and one demo with low miles so hopefully the deal will be good on one of these.

Thanks

My dealers rep advised him yesterday that a new 2014 RT will have an $800 rebate or a Nav V. Buyers choice

I heard that today also...now I have to find out if it applies to "buy back" bikes.

Thanks