Thread: Interesting Back of the Dragon Photos from the air

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

Interesting Back of the Dragon Photos from the air

'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Loverly!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

And it's even more fun on the ground...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBAIINE View Post
    Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.
    I don't understand why more motorcycle riders don't retire to the mountains. I grew up here, moved away and moved back to retire. The cost of living is low, the people are friendly and life is not rushed. I don't miss the excitement of the city but I guess many people would.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

i agree. I rode through the Back of the Dragon last summer on my way down from Canada. Afterward, I went on to KY, TN, GA, SC, NC. I liked the Marion / Tazewell area so much that I altered my return trip in order to see that area again. Loved it!

QUOTE=SBAIINE;872368]Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.

[/QUOTE]

I understand the "having a good & high paying job" part of not living & working in the Appalachian mountains as we gave up $$$ & security to be able to live in a place that's beautiful what with waterfalls,cliffs & deep woods and relatively low crime but I'd do it all again! While I could have taken my education and chased after far more elevated positions elsewhere it's a great place to call home.
    I have "suffer through" over 100 miles of twisties just to get to Ken's area...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Great photos' and beautiful country. What more can a rider ask for?

RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe