Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: Discount BMW Parts - from a BMW Dealer

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,596

    Question Discount BMW Parts - from a BMW Dealer

    Who is everyone using for discount BMW parts from a BMW dealer?

    In the past I've used Competition Accessories when they were a BMW dealer and then Bob's BMW and Hammersley BMW thereafter.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    225
    Hi Alex, check you PM box.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

    ride till you can't

  3. #3
    BMW Rider
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Who is everyone using for discount BMW parts from a BMW dealer?

    In the past I've used Competition Accessories when they were a BMW dealer and then Bob's BMW and Hammersley BMW thereafter.
    Were you not happy with Bob's?

  4. #4
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    Were you not happy with Bob's?
    Its been a while, but I do remember them screwing up one of my orders...and I only placed a couple of orders with them at the time.

    Besides, do they offer 20% off MSRP?

    The late Frank at Hammersley was great to deal with.

  5. #5
    BMW Rider
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Its been a while, but I do remember them screwing up one of my orders...and I only placed a couple of orders with them at the time.

    Besides, do they offer 20% off MSRP?

    The late Frank at Hammersley was great to deal with.
    I have never dealt with Bob's, I'm only aware of their excellent reputation. 20% off MSRP is nothing short of incredible so the price is right in anybody's book.

    Let me ask you this: I have never met Bob and have never purchased a single penny from him. I do however believe strongly in being fair. Bob's has an excellent reputation, has excellent pricing and presumably sends out thousand upon thousands of orders a year. Do you think that every order was sent out perfectly? Do you think Bob's is perfect? GlobalRider, in the interest of fairness you really need to give him another chance until he proves or disproves the dealerships reliability. One or two orders simply isn't going to show you anything. It is merely building a track record which over the course of time, or the quantity of orders from you, will determine if he is a trusted source or not.

    Put the shoe on the other foot. If everyone stopped doing business with you every time you made a mistake what would be your response? I assume the goal of striving for AND reaching perfection is not going to be on the list. Obviously I'm a consumer just like you. We all are. You apparently have placed orders with Bob although the exact quantity isn't stated. You do say he screwed up "one" order. Can that possibly be enough reason to not deal with someone again?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,198
    Bob's "excellent pricing"-is it discounted or MSRP? Please, spare the lectures on the cost of operating a business, I want to save if possible & lack the funds to throw it around anymore than I have to.
    I'm with OP, I want a discount if somebodies gonna do it , so, who does it now? There are lots of BMW auto dealers out there online & happily discounting BMW auto parts from their parts department @ around 20% & they are obviously doing it on purpose & I suspect they are trying to make some money too.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

  7. #7
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,005
    There are lots of BMW auto dealers out there online & happily discounting BMW auto parts from their parts department @ around 20% & they are obviously doing it on purpose & I suspect they are trying to make some money too.
    Keyword: auto

    Supply & Demand; more cars than motorcycles.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  8. #8
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada and the Alps
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Please, spare the lectures on the cost of operating a business.
    Yeah, my local dealer whines about not making any money as he drives by with his window down in his Audi A8 and his son in a Porsche Carrera. Gosh, can I also not make any money and own those.

  9. #9
    BMW Rider
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Bob's "excellent pricing"-is it discounted or MSRP? Please, spare the lectures on the cost of operating a business, I want to save if possible & lack the funds to throw it around anymore than I have to.
    I'm with OP, I want a discount if somebodies gonna do it , so, who does it now? There are lots of BMW auto dealers out there online & happily discounting BMW auto parts from their parts department @ around 20% & they are obviously doing it on purpose & I suspect they are trying to make some money too.
    I have re-read the OP and I jumped to a conclusion. I do not know if Bob discounts or not. Why not contact him direct at (301) 497-8949?

    Sorry for the misinterpretation... my fault completely.

    Given the number of dealers that have closed shop you should actually care if your dealer stays in business. There are many who would have no one nearby for their motorcycle problems especially so on a BMW.

    You can't compare motorcycles and cars. BMW is nothing but a small niche player in the motorcycle business. There is no such thing as a large BMW motorcycle dealership although you may find BMW's within a large store as part of a multi-franchise store. Car components are popped out by the ten's of thousands and probably hundreds of thousands in some instances. No such thing exists in the motorcycle business. Sorry in advance for the business lecture. Sometimes the truth gets in the way of life.

  10. #10
    Registered User easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kerr County, Texas
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by globalrider View Post
    who is everyone using for discount bmw parts from a bmw dealer?

    In the past i've used competition accessories when they were a bmw dealer and then bob's bmw and hammersley bmw thereafter.
    Easy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •