Thread: Motorcycles, Campfires and the Stars

Hybrid View

Rally Rat

Motorcycles, Campfires and the Stars

A trifecta of life's pleasures. So, let's hear some stories about additional gear you include in the list
    of gear you bring with.
    When I know I'll be camping I make certain I pack a set of binoculars (8x42 wide angle) so I can scan
    the sky late at night. Have yet to find motivation/logistics for packing the full telescope, lol, though
    that would be a sight - no pun intended. Best dark sky spot so far -- Lake Gogebic -- in the UP of
    Michigan, hey? It used to be the North Unit of Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park in NDak, but the energy
    boom and all the flaring of natural gas from oil wells has ruined the dark sky that used to reign in the
    region.

Motorcycle camping gear?

Well, I bring a "buff puff" to use when showering. It dries instantly after use so your other stuff doesn't get funky smelling in a couple of days.

Thanks to The Veg for that tip he gave me during: Ride-2-Q-in-the-great-state-of-Mountainia

The Veg is on the left in this pic.

I'm holding up my air mattress and Kenny is supervising.

It's been 4 years but seems like yesterday.

Rode over 300 miles that day and all of them were non-linear. I never wore off the edges of my tires before and I gotta tell ya those SE mountain riders left me in the dust.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Bud that was indeed a great weekend! I can't wait to get back onto two wheels again and come up with more great ideas for stuff to make life on the bike better.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad