Thread: Day Trippin' 2013

Threaded View

Had some time off today, and hadn't done much riding since returning from our trip South, so...
    Fired up the K100 and headed North- for a change. I really wanted to get up to Milheim, PA- to have a beer and lunch at the Elk Creek Cafe. HOWEVER, they are closed on Tuesdays. Tho I did ride up PA 325 (one of my favorite local roads), I didn't go as far up as Penn's Valley, turning left onto US 522, a stretch of it I hadn't ridden before.

First, I buffed up the K a bit, scrubbing off the the grunge from riding in foul weather on our trip to Western NC and back... She ain't a real beauty queen, but does clean up OK- she's like an older former super model- The faster she goes by, the younger she looks!

Anyway, I rode straight up river along 11/15, turning of at Liverpool onto PA 17.

Couple miles up the road is PA 325, where I turned right and headed out into the countryside. Didn't stop at all until I got to this church, where I got off to stretch a little.

I still love the lines, and the look of the 88 K100. Ya know, I tried to sell this bike last year, and at even what I thought was a give-away price point, nobody wanted it.
    I don't have any problem at all hanging onto it! My very first BMW. Guess I'll keep her.

It was a really great day!

Anyone who knows PA, knows there's lots of farming going on here. It not only makes for some wonderful views, I enjoy seeing all the equipment, the farms dotting the valleys, and the old barns. Here is a really nice vista looking more or less West- just off PA 35 & 325:

Stay tuned for more....
    Last edited by bmwrider88; 06-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World