Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sweepstakes Tickets..

Quote Originally Posted by tinboatcapt View Post
    Tried calling
    Really...no one answered the phone? What about the answering machine? That's unusual that no one will get back to you.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

edbmw
    Took me a few attempts to do it online, but it worked for me. Got my "ticket" in the mail the other day. Think I had to log out and in to reset the fields where the pics of the ticket are. Even then it wasn't very clear that I purchased a ticket. Checked at my credit union a couple of days later and yup, they took the money.
    1978 R100 Jacked up for off road fun and urban adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Really...no one answered the phone? What about the answering machine? That's unusual that no one will get back to you.
    If it helps diagnose the problem, here is what happened:
    I got the first round of automated answering "...on the phone or no one is available..."
    Then "...transferring to your party..."
    then "...leave a message...".
    I left a message with my name, member number and phone number. I didn't get a call back.
    So, I tried again to register online, now that the Superstakes says "Enter online" but no joy once I push the "Submit" button. Similar to the first time I tried to buy online.

I confess, I am not adept with computers. But I have successfully bought stuff online.
    Jim
    ST1100 "renamed " Large Marge" Better now with Race Tech, Penske, Michelin PR III's.

74 Honda XL350 "Ltl Scoot" Just for fun

Thumbs up Call Joe at the Office.

I had no problems calling, Joe picked up the phone. Told him I tried on 3 different occasions online.
    He sold me a ticket, told me he would make sure my card would not get charged for the other attempts and called the next again to let me know none of the previous charges were charged to my card. That was a concern of mine. Call the office they will go out of there way to help.

Was able to purchase one online yesterday (second attempt) with no issues. Hopefully they got the doodad to sync with the watchamacallit and the issues are gone.
    2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
    2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
    2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold

Bought my ticket today online. No issues...................................

except it was a new card that I hadn't activated. Said it couldn't process. ???? Ohhhhhhhh!
    Activated card, smooth as butter.

Just pick my name.
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

Any Idea How Many Tickets sold?

So... can some one chime in and let us know how many tickets have been sold?
    Would be curious to know what the odd are for the Early Bird Drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thgen View Post
    So... can some one chime in and let us know how many tickets have been sold?
    Would be curious to know what the odd are for the Early Bird Drawing.
    I believe last year this time it was 3-thousand something. Don't ask me to recall where I heard that.

I broke down and decided to buy a ticket this year. At $100 per ticket, it's a bit pricey though.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwjeff View Post
    I broke down and decided to buy a ticket this year. At $100 per ticket, it's a bit pricey though.
    My thoughts...YMMV...

I thought the same as you last year but figured- What the heck. Even if I don't win anything the money is going to a worthy cause,
    possibly saving fellow rider's lives through education. Maybe if there had been a Camp Gears when I was a kid, I wouldn't have had that crash at 16 yrs of age and not had 40 years of constant, daily knee pain.

A current co-worker spent her previous career working for the American Cancer Society and shared with me the information that for every $1
    contributed, only 5c gets to the researchers.

I've also seen a few $100 raffles where the only prize is a new Harley-Davidson or a Camaro or something.
    The $100 price here basically gives you what, 12or13 chances for a bike?
    I won the K1300S last year. (and swapped it out for a '11 R1200RT)

Ciao!
    George
    Last edited by ClassicVW; 05-02-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    I believe last year this time it was 3-thousand something. Don't ask me to recall where I heard that.
    The number for the early bird will be around 3,000. The office is processing a flood of last minute orders, but it should be close. Drawing is May 11! Good luck.
    Ted Moyer
    '06 R1200RT, '99 R1100S, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

Got my ticket in the mail today and, while I never gamble, the only way I would ever get a new Beemer is to win one :-) Plus, my brother won a $30K Harley a few years ago with a single $100 raffle ticket so I figure maybe some karma might run in the family!

Best of luck to all!
    Carl

'93 K75RT

I bought two tickets this year, one for 'option A' and one for 'option B', plus I am in the early bird drawing. So I figure I have a 2 in 3000 chance for the early bird, then a one in 5000 chance for both bonus drawings, (assuming there is an equal amount in both options, but what if there is a real disproportionately low number in one of the options,..then I'm covered there too with even better odds) plus all the regular drawings!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

I won a set of tires the first year on a one $20 ticket purchase, nothing the second year on a two $20 ticket purchase, skipped last year in protest of the price to play cost going up 500%, but broke down and got a single ticket this year. I figure even if I don't win I am still to the good, as the Metzler tires I won had to be worth around $350, so as of this year I am out $160 for a $350 pair of tires, plus the money goes to a good cause. Kind of wish they had the other smaller prizes thrown in as well, but I'm sure that was a logistic nightmare!

Good luck all who bought tickets, fun to dream about, eh?
    john1691
    2006 KTM 950 Super Moto