Thread: New Member from Huntsville AL

Hybrid View

New Member from Huntsville AL

Hi, I'm Frank Smith, and it's great to be a member here. Just bought my 1st BMW, a new '12 R1200RT.

I have been riding for decades but never owned one. Coming off of a Harley touring bike and onto this was like transforming from Cadillac to Porsche. Needless to say, I'm impressed and here to stay.

I dont know what to do with myself now that I dont ride a bike that handles like a drunken camel in a sandstorm when I'm going thru curves. I cant wait to experience tail of the dragon on this great machine.

Frank,

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you are having a great time getting to know your new bike. Glad to have you here!
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

Hi Frank:

Welcome to the group. Lots of great people and information here. Enjoy your new machine.
    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288

MotorcycleWriter

Also from Huntsville

Hey, Franz! Just joined myself and live here in Huntsville. I first owned an R1150R for about a couple of years that I traded for an R1150RT last year that I mostly use for commuting and tearing up the local twisties. Hoping to do some touring this summer. Looking for a local club if you know of one.

Don't let the rather anonymous "190885" frighten you, nor the lack of an avatar. The BMW MOA site is completely FUBAR and I can't change anything in my profile! "They hope to fix it in about a week." Yeah, we'll see.

John

Quote Originally Posted by 190885 View Post
    Hey, Franz! Just joined myself and live here in Huntsville. I first owned an R1150R for about a couple of years that I traded for an R1150RT last year that I mostly use for commuting and tearing up the local twisties. Hoping to do some touring this summer. Looking for a local club if you know of one.

Don't let the rather anonymous "190885" frighten you, nor the lack of an avatar. The BMW MOA site is completely FUBAR and I can't change anything in my profile! "They hope to fix it in about a week." Yeah, we'll see.

John
    Welcome to the forum and hope to see you guys at the Great Chicken Rally at Ditto Landing Thursday Friday Saturday before Memorial Day...plenty of tire kicking and ride stories and some food to boot! Warning, you can get some great ideas for Farkles for those machines as well.
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"