Thread: I'm just a number in the big MOA system

Hybrid View

I'm just a number in the big MOA system

x
    Last edited by selil; 06-24-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    ------------------
    s
    selil.com

I'm sure there is a question in there somewhere but I don't have a OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Seems like you've always been a "number". There are two of those usernames in the system. One registered in 2003 and one registered in 2006. The "identify" you used today is the one with the most activity. You can call the office on Monday and see what they can do. Likely, they should delete the unused account.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Seems like you've always been a "number". There are two of those usernames in the system. One registered in 2003 and one registered in 2006. The "identify" you used today is the one with the most activity. You can call the office on Monday and see what they can do. Likely, they should delete the unused account.
    I joined some time ago and now again thinking of getting a BMW. So I thought I would sign in and ask about dealer recommendations. I'm a number. I'm sure I was a person before. The website is definitely having issues. Server warnings etc.
    Last edited by 181341; 04-14-2013 at 07:44 PM.

I ...uh...

.... feel your pain.... once upon a time - I too was something more than my "number". But that's how the govbment has always seen me, and
    I keep gettin by.....it's that it's like an institutional number that has me uneasy. Should we sew it on the riding suit above or below the MOA patch?

Member once known as....
    FlyHi2cFar .

Yeah a number of things carried over funny- my username (along with many others) is now in all CAPS If you look at my sig line, where there once was quote (") marks, there is now something I can't reproduce. The sig line I can fix myself but I thought I'd leave it as an example.
    The username is something that has to be fixed at the office and considering the hammering they have taken, I'll get it fixed later when things calm down. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

you do good work...

...Omega Man... I woke up this morning feeling attached to my number.
    Possibly because last nite after my post, seeking comfort with my identity,
    I took a sharpie marker to my sleep t-shirt... the ink bled through onto my chest... it appears to be indelible ink. I am 179219....
    Last edited by flyhi2cfar; 04-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Yeah a number of things carried over funny- my username (along with many others) is now in all CAPS If you look at my sig line, where there once was quote (") marks, there is now something I can't reproduce. The sig line I can fix myself but I thought I'd leave it as an example.
    The username is something that has to be fixed at the office and considering the hammering they have taken, I'll get it fixed later when things calm down. OM
    For those of us who are not "in the know", who has been responsible for this whole process, an MOA employee or a contractor?

What have the been the difficulties that has resulted in the extensive delays? It was advertised as an "over the weekend" process. User expectations were set by that statement. It is not surprising that the office has been getting calls.

Why, at this point, are there still problems?

Perhaps some explanation would go a long way in re-setting members expectations as to when things will be resolved.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.