Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "If" you were to win the bike of your choice...

"If" you were to win the bike of your choice...

If...you were to win the 'bike of your choice' drawing, what bike would you choose? Me, I think it would have to be the last of the GSA's. Just because I know I could sell it for decent money if I didn't like it. I want to try one for a season, but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles. I'm very happy with my RT, but there are lots and lots of dirt roads in my area I have never been down. The GSA just might be fun.
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

On the Road
    Vancouver... Not B.C... Washington... Not D.C.

Perhaps something smaller...

I have an RT now. I think something smaller like the G650GS or even the F700GS would be great.
    I live near the foothills of the Cascades in SW Washington. I've wanted to explore those for a LONG time.

Rob in Vancouver...

A Last Edition 1984 R100RS with 0 miles.
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    ...but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles.
    If you're talking about the 'option A' any new BMW drawing in the Superstakes, it includes a $5K budget for accessorising.

I'd take a GS non-A, although I'd be hard-pressed to decide between a 'leftover' '12 model or the new GS. I used to have an '07 and LOVED it, thought it was about the most perfect bike ever made...but the new GS is really alluring too, especially after putting eyes on a few of them today at my local dealer's open-house. Decision, decisions...
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

I'd get a scooter. I'd love one for just riding around but don't need to spend money for a new ride. Plenty of bikes already.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGLAVES View Post
    I'd get a scooter. I'd love one for just riding around but don't need to spend money for a new ride. Plenty of bikes already.
    I agree. I bought a used Burgman Maxi-scooter last fall and it has been a blast. I would get a new one for the ABS, heated grips and heated seat. I got it to ride around locally but I find myself riding it on long rides through crooked mountain roads. If BMW would only lower the seat height on their scooters..........................
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

win bike

I would go for the F800GT, its time for me to go a little smaller and lighter.

Smile

I was interested in the F800GT but the lack of cruise control leaves me with 3 choices. R1200RT / K1300GT / R1200GSA I would have to ride each before selecting one. All of the 3 have more than adequate power, great brakes (ABS), heated grips, cruise control, an upright seating position, and many other features (too many to list). I ride solo and prefer a bike without a top case as a U-bag allows me to pack bulkier items with easy access. To win any of the Sweepstakes prizes would be great.

RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

Rally Rat
    F800GS, I like my GT but after seeing "Teach" McNeil on the F800GS on a track (YouTube) it seems the 800 will do anything I am capable of and more.

The K1600GT is too big, the F800GT doesn't have all the bells and whistles (yet) and as much as I would love a S1000RR, it would never be ridden to it's potential, so why bother.........

Rally Rat

Win

Just to get things going, I'd get the most expensive bike that BMW makes, load it with accessories, and donate it to the Foundation!
    Boxerbruce

Since I'm very happy with my RT, I was also thinking a bit smaller- the F800GT - but Paul now has me thinking about a scooter....

Quote Originally Posted by DARRYL CAINEY View Post
    A Last Edition 1984 R100RS with 0 miles.
    Well, there's a '92 RS with 0 miles advertised in this month's News. I haven't seen one of these advertised for about 15 years; it was still in the crate.
    Last edited by RINTY; 04-16-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Quote Originally Posted by RINTY View Post
    Well, there's a '92 RS with 0 miles advertised in this month's News. I haven't seen one of these advertised for about 15 years; it was still in the crate.
    Make it a prize in a lottery and I will buy a ticket!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    If...you were to win the 'bike of your choice' drawing, what bike would you choose? Me, I think it would have to be the last of the GSA's. Just because I know I could sell it for decent money if I didn't like it. I want to try one for a season, but don't want to spend the cash it takes to get one 'set up' with the bags and windshield and other farkles. I'm very happy with my RT, but there are lots and lots of dirt roads in my area I have never been down. The GSA just might be fun.
    A new HP4. I wish I could enter.
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

Boy tough decision...

As Paul said, the scooter? I keep looking at them and wonder how they would work as a "short range ride". I use to own a Dakar but sold it; yea I know kind of foolish. So I'm torn between a Sertao or a C 650GT.
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    '10 F800GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936