Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Won't remember "Log In Information"

Won't remember "Log In Information"

Hey.......thanks for the update on the webpage/forum software. Since it came back up and would recognize passwords/log in again last week I went through the getting a new password and stuff; but each time bring up the website it requires for me to enter my password. Didn't used to do this but now does.....A simple fix?????.............THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO........God bless......Dennis

Dennis -

This is a known problem. They need to reset the refresh timer on this. But, someone will take care of it at some point. BTW...I go directly to the forum, not going through the homepage. I'm remember each time I come back there.

Kurt
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I have experienced this same problem for some time now, even before the new site came up. Have also had problems purchasing superstakes tickets as the site fails to authenticate my purchase.
    2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
    2013 Ural Patrol - White
    2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
    2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold

There has been some credit card verification issues and the login issue has been reported. There was a Board Meeting today...my guess is this was all discussed at length! Look for some changes next week.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

hmmmmmm........when I just go to the BMWMOA website in my "favorites" I need to log on; BUT, if I then just go over to the "Forums" I am automatically logged on.........Who knows?????? FM

God bless......Dennis

Hi Dennis, sometimes it's the browser/page cookies that are retained and not changed to a new version of browser/page cookies when an event like we just had goes on. I worked it so I could stay logged on through the last event and when I wanted "out" and "back in" I had to do some 'messin 'round. I don't know if that helps you, but it is an example. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Bringing this back...how's this working for anyone? The office made a change and is looking for some feedback that the fix is now working. Thanks...

loggin on.

I have to log on every time time I want to go on the forum, for whatevver reason it won't retain my name and password. That seems to be the only problem that I am havaing with the new site. Thanks.
    Mo Shaffer
    Maggie valley NC,
    St. George, BM

Glad that's the only problem!! I understand there's some recent attempts to correct this...hopefully it will be resolved soon. Thanks for checking back.

I know it has been a couple of days since you bumped this Kurt but...........I saw the stuff about using firefox or something else and I use IE pretty much so let's see...........YES, NOW, it is remembering my log on to the home page.......It has been remembering my log on in the forum all along but forgetting it on the hope page..........NOW.......all seems just fine........REALLY THANK YOU GUY's FOR WHAT YOU DO.......God bless..............Dennis

Well, Dennis, you're the lucky one! It doesn't remember the settings on the homepage or FM for me!

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Well, Dennis, you're the lucky one! It doesn't remember the settings on the homepage or FM for me!
    +1
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

lagator
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Bringing this back...how's this working for anyone? The office made a change and is looking for some feedback that the fix is now working. Thanks...
    I have to log on to the home page and the forum with my user name and password each time even though I check the remember me box. It's been that way ever since the work was done on the website. Before that all I had to do was click the log in feature and did not have to type in my suer name or password. Also the info on the forum while it was down was that the first time that you logged in after the new website was up and running that you would be sent a new password after logging in with your member number. I never did receive one.

lagator -

Yup, the "remember me" feature still doesn't work consistently. AFAIK, the office is pursuing it but obviously not making much progress.

Things got a little scrambled before the forum went down and, yes, the plan was to email everyone a new password. While the forum/website was being worked on, they decided to use member names and numbers to let you back onto the forum. That information was displayed to you if you came to the forum for the first time once the forum was back up. Once you logged in with those instructions, you should change your password to something more secure rather than the default.

All I can say is, hang in there, things are being worked on...albeit rather slowly.

2-up and havin' fun sugarhillctd's Avatar
    Kurt,

For the past few months I have not been on the forum- if something isn't working on the internet, I just ignore it.

Tonight I tried to access the Flea Market.

I was looking at K bikes. I went to that subforum then specified that I wanted to look at 40 listings per page instead of 10 (would have covered all since there are 36 total). After I click on it it brings me to the R bike listing. Did it 3 times so that I wasn't making a mistake- sent me to R bikes 3 times.

NOT good. The website isn't headed in a good direction. IMHO.

John
    John & Cathy
    '92 K100RS (gone- '04 R1100S Boxer Cup)
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400
    ("kid's" bikes) '02 Kaw ZX6R- Jen's '07 Duc 800ss- Johnnie's