Apologies if someone already sent this out but I could not find it anywhere. I wanted to update my GPS with BMW dealers to prepare for an upcoming trip across country.
I pulled the BMW dealer list from BMW, it was dated March 2013, then spent a couple hours adding the GPS coordinates.
Attached you will find a ZIP file with every file type I could think of: CSV, GDB, GPI, GPX, XLS, POI, etc.
Here is the procedure if you don't know how to load this file on your Garmin custom POI list.
1) Extract the attached ZIP file onto your hard drive.
2) Download and install the Garmin POI Loader from: http://www.garmin.com/us/maps/poiloader
3) Run the POI loader
4) Choose "Garmin Device"
6) Select your GPS
8) Choose "Install the New POI's onto your device"
9) Browse to the folder where you extracted the ZIP file
10) Browse to the "US BMW Dealers March 2013" folder (There is only ONE CSV file in the folder).
11) Enter "2013 BMW Dealers March 2013" into custom POI File name (should auto fill)
12) You should see that 139 custom POI's were loaded
13) On my Zumo's you can access POI's at "Where to" -> Extras -> Custom POI's
If you have a BMW branded GPS this WILL NOT replace the BMW Dealer app or associated list. I didn't want to mess with that list, so I just added under Custom POI.
I of course only checked 1/2 dozen dealers but the list seemed right.
Note: Yes I know you can just copy the POI onto your device, but many people aren't comfortable doing this, so I gave the full procedure to run Garmin software to update their device.
Note 2: You can also import the GPX file into your BaseCamp software, or the GDB file into mapsource. Your Choice.