Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ordered a Schuberth C3 Pro and BMW Bluetooth communicator

Quote Originally Posted by STOKES73 View Post
    I just purchased a new 2013 R1200RT and the Schuberth C3 with the Schuberth Bluetooth. Little did I know, or the dealer apparently, that this configuration does not work with the R1200RT audio system.
    Yes that is a bummer. I was hoping the Schuberth SRC worked with the RT audio system to make the whole process easier. I did lots of research and the dealer verified my findings and ordered the BMW ACN Comm Kit part number 71602219827. Schuberth charged $60.00 to install it in my helmet and covered my shipping from California to Michigan.

I just picked it up today. I will report back in once I test it out.

Good luck
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT

I crashed 12 years ago with a Nolan modular.....it did not open !! Have worn Nolans forever (since I first saw one) ..... Bought a Schubert this time....Absolutely no comparison...The C3 is a much better fit.....sssoooooo quiet ans much lighter.....better ventilation.....Why did I wait this long ?? I put Sierra electronics in it because I also ride a Gold Wing ..... The cords hook right up to it.....and a portable CB/i pod on my 700 GS.....

Thumbs up Tried it out, synced it and it works as described

Well I picked up the helmet today from the dealer. Got home and gave it a good look over. Schuberth did an excellent job installing the BMW Communicator System. All wires are tucked and hidden where they're supposed to be. Microphone boom is in place and works. It took me a while to get the helmet synced with the 2012 BMW R1200RT but one I figured out all the steps it went smoothly. I was then able to hear the audio system through the helmet speakers. Everything went through as I wanted. iPod music, XM/Sirius, FM Radio, weather band and the BMW Nav IV which is hard connected to the audio system. After all that worked I paired my iPhone V to see how that worked. I probably won't use it while riding but it worked perfectly when I made a test call. I guess it will be nice if I'm making a quick stop to call home with an update I won't have to remove my helmet.

This set up is fairly expensive but work it if you want the ability to enjoy the creature comforts you have included on your BMW or even hearing your navigation system. You can also stream music to it if you don't have the audio system on your bike. Full retail this set up is around $1,222.00 and an additional $60.00 for Schuberth to install.

Feel free to ask any questions. I also don't need the "your crazy for spending so much" or "that's ridiculous to have such a set up"

Best regards,
    Jason
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT

Here's a couple of pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT

A lot of good info Jason- Thanks for the effort to let us here at the forum know! Like Jane, I have been running a Nolan- N103 for years and like it. I is the first modular I have used and it does have wind noise- how much? I don't know as I had nothing to compare it to. I sounds like the C3 is a helmet that may make riding more enjoyable. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Update

Installed the Pinlock fog resistant lens inside the face shield. I could not make it fog in any way.

Jason
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT

Update on the helmet after hours and about 600 miles. The helmet fits very well and not major pressure points with the helmet. I am however experiencing some pain in my ears after hours of riding. A closer inspection makes it clear that the little speakers mounted in the helmet are putting pressure on my ears. At the end of the day the cartilage on my ears have some pain. Everything else is great butI don't know if I can leave the BMW communicator in my helmet. I love the system, but having a $750 helmet that hurts me because of an accessory I added just won't cut it. I'm going to see if I can make some modifications to give me a little more room. BTW I don't have big ears that are adding to the issue.

Jason
    Jason
    Grand rapids, MI
    2012 BMW R1200RT