Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gatlinburg, TN this May! Any advice?

Maggie Valley is a very motorcycle friendly town . Make sure to stop in by Dale at Wheels Through Time. Also some of the better roads I found were off the beaten path. The BRP is always good but the over looked roads are a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by kmolldenver View Post
    Thanks Norwood and all who contributed their insights! Your time is greatly appreciated.
    Just a update...441 is open now from Gatlinburg to Cherokee and entrance to Blue Ridge Parkway!
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    I planned on riding US-441 towards the end of June, from south to north through the park. I noticed the Park's website says that they expect the road to re-open "by May". I'm just wondering what your doubts are based on. Is the Park's update overly optimistic?
    My doubts where erased when the 1/2 million $ bonus kicked in... IT is now open as of April 15 or so... sure it was worth every penny to the many small businesses in the Smoky that depend on the four or five months of summer for their income... Glad to see it open.. BTW, I traveled the section on April 18...very nice...
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"