Thread: Going beyond colonoscopies...

Going beyond colonoscopies...

Since there's now a precedent for exploring such intimate issues, I would, for personal reasons, like to push the boundaries a bit more and inquire about folks' experiences as riders after various treatments for prostate cancer. I'll have to make a choice soon--surgery or radiology--and I'd appreciate some experiential insights into the impact of such therapies on my future as a rider. I recognize that in either case, I'll not be riding for a while, but I'm wondering what the longer term future might be. Appreciate any insights....

Larry Johnson
    El Paso TX

Quote Originally Posted by ljjohns View Post
    Since there's now a precedent for exploring such intimate issues, I would, for personal reasons, like to push the boundaries a bit more and inquire about folks' experiences as riders after various treatments for prostate cancer. I'll have to make a choice soon--surgery or radiology--and I'd appreciate some experiential insights into the impact of such therapies on my future as a rider. I recognize that in either case, I'll not be riding for a while, but I'm wondering what the longer term future might be. Appreciate any insights....

Larry Johnson
    El Paso TX
    Well Larry, there was quite a nice and informative thread on prostate related issues probably close to 2 years ago. I can't find it (search engine didn't seem to like last Dec. changeover) but from what I remember most was a statement from one of the members that "most men die with prostate cancer- not from it". It seemed the consensus of those afflicted. A close friend of mine had the radiology (very focused) but as it has to pass through other layers of the torso- it did some damage. He (age 75) now has to be real careful of lifting and the strain of lifting as it will cause a "bleeding" episode from the weakened area. The cancer is gone and the PSA number is way down- almost non-existent.
    Good luck. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I have had the problem, hopefully it has been corrected. They removed the prostrate 12/8/2011.

In March, PSA showed that I still had some cancer. I then went for 39 radiation treatments. Started in April and went to the end of May.

Last 2 PSA tests show that the number is on the decline.

As for riding, it will only affect you if you have the surgery. An i think only for a few weeks.

A for the radiation I almost every day to the treatment center.

I hope this helps.

If you wish to talk Call me

610-349-4168
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]