Thread: Tank bag for F650GS?

In the beautful foothills of the Ozarks, Southeast Missouri.

Tank bag for F650GS?

Good morning everyone,

Can anyone recommend a small tank bag that will fit a F650GS? It would be great if it was water resistant or had a rain cover. Not looking for a large bag, just something to carry small items on trips, like sunglasses, camera, cell phone, etc. Thanks in advance!

Ron
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS
    AMA, BMWMOA #153389, IBMWR and NRA

My wife uses a Wolfman Bag on both her F650s (single and twin). Checkout their website and I'll wager you find a size to suit you.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Too damn many bikes to list

Thanks guys, I will give the web sites a look and see what I like. Small is better in my book, the Jesse panniers and top box can home the larger stuff. Thanks again!

Ron
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS

I went with the Cortech Super Mini and it came in today. I loved the way the straps went around the neck of the bike, it almost looks factory made. The thing I couldn't figure out is the strap in the back that supposedly goes to the frame under the seat. I couldn't find any place to hook it that it wouldn't interfere with the seat being locked down. I finally put it on without the back strap and it seems to hold fine that way. I was curious how the ones that have this same bag have attached the back strap. I think I am really going to like the bag, it is the size I wanted.

Ron
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by flymymbz View Post
    +1 on the Cortech super mini. It's served me well for years! I also have the larger version for longer trips.

Quote Originally Posted by sirronny View Post
    I couldn't find any place to hook it that it wouldn't interfere with the seat being locked down. I finally put it on without the back strap and it seems to hold fine that way. I was curious how the ones that have this same bag have attached the back strap.

Ron
    One of the BMW versions I had looked at used a stick on adhesive with a strap kinda deal. Probably one of those 3M Command adhesive hooks would work. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

There is a place for the strap under the seat but as I don't have a 650GS anymore, I can't describe it. I'm looking through my files for a picture. I know I sent instructions and a pic to someone a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    One of the BMW versions I had looked at used a stick on adhesive with a strap kinda deal. Probably one of those 3M Command adhesive hooks would work. OM
    I never gave that a thought, I will have to look into that. Thanks!

Ron
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    There is a place for the strap under the seat but as I don't have a 650GS anymore, I can't describe it. I'm looking through my files for a picture. I know I sent instructions and a pic to someone a while back.
    If you find it, I would love to see it. With the strap coming right down the back of the "tank" and right in the middle, I couldn't find anyplace that wouldn't interfere with the seat lock. I have got the bag as far forward as it will go without covering the switch or the power port and even with that, the buckle is under the front edge of the seat. I will go out and check further later, maybe I was just tired yesterday and couldn't think straight, which happens the older I get.
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by sirronny View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Can anyone recommend a small tank bag that will fit a F650GS? It would be great if it was water resistant or had a rain cover. Not looking for a large bag, just something to carry small items on trips, like sunglasses, camera, cell phone, etc. Thanks in advance!

Ron
    Wunderlich is by far the best tank bag for the F650GS ever. It is made specificaly for the F650GS. A little pricey but well worth it.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Wunderlich makes great bags. They are pricey but absolutely top quality. http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/bmw....html?show=999

Wunderlich for me! I bought a tank and a tail bag used, but in great condition from a local rider who traded his bike in. Both have been used extensively...and the tank bag almost is never off of the bike. Fit...materials...construction are all awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD