Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member saying hello

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Everyone here has an opinion so I am sure you will get some - I have been looking at the F800GT as a replacement for my wife who has some some hip troubles now and would like to downsize from her R1200RT. I am looking forward to your posts once you get a chance to ride a bit. For my part, I have booked a demo ride at dealership in Edmonton (180 miles from where I live) in May and although it will be a fairly short ride, I hope to learn a little. Have fun and stay safe.

Ken.
    Thanks Ken
    I pick the bike up tomorrow and I hope I can give it rave reviews.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Matchless1227 View Post
    Thanks Randy,
    Kids today on sport bikes laugh at me when I tell them my first bike was a 350 2 stroke.
    They just cannot believe how quick it was.
    At that time I lived in NYC and on the street nothing beat that Yamaha.
    Yes, the 350 won the 1972 Daytona beating all the 750's AND H-D. GIANT KING was it's nick name. Then Kaw. triples 500 & 750 but only in a straight line.

Hi mike

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    Welcome Mitchell. Was just up riding around North Greenwich and Greenwich just yesterday from my home in Westchester. I'm only 13 miles from Ct. but somehow squeezed a 50 mile round-trip around and through the countryside. Beautiful day. Snow tomorrow.
    What town are your from? I have family in Stamford.

mike wex
    '96r1100rt
    I live right outside Waterbury about 40 miles from Stamford. I also have a place on the UWS of Manhattan so I travel right past your town regularly when going down that Hutch.
    Perhaps we can meet for a ride one day?
    mm

Rd350

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I "raced" for Yamaha back in the '69-'72 era in their M/X division of the day. The RD350 brings back memories for me too, never owning one, but they had enough grit to beat all my XS650s of the day! Those pesky 2 strokes had speed. We smiled. Enough BMWs('72 to now) in my past now to not count 'em all, so WELCOME aboard and enjoy the new 800, from CA.. I am a transplant here from the East(Virginia) and enjoy our year round riding here in the West. See ya in Salem for the MOA Rally. Please ride out here this July, you've certainly got the right bike for it. Randy
    Thanks for the reply and the memories, yes that was a fun bike especially for a 22 year old!
    I will do my best to get time off this summer to make that trip to Salem Randy.
    Mitchell

Let us know about the GT. I sent you a PM . Did you get it? The forum was down for two weeks. I will be in Salem at the rally.

F80ogt

Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    Let us know about the GT. I sent you a PM . Did you get it? The forum was down for two weeks. I will be in Salem at the rally.
    Eugene,
    I now have over600 miles on the GT and with one exception (the windscreen) the bike is for me a joy to ride.
    Light on its feet and easily maneuverable with enough power for everything but racing. Smooth transmission, comfortable saddle, (I got the upgraded comfort seat), 50 MPG, and decent ergos.
    Why BMW did not at the very least offer an upgraded windscreen I will never understand so I will continue my search for a good solution to the wind issue but that is the only downside IMHO.
    Mitchell

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Eugene,
    I now have over600 miles on the GT and with one exception (the windscreen) the bike is for me a joy to ride.
    Light on its feet and easily maneuverable with enough power for everything but racing. Smooth transmission, comfortable saddle, (I got the upgraded comfort seat), 50 MPG, and decent ergos.
    Why BMW did not at the very least offer an upgraded windscreen I will never understand so I will continue my search for a good solution to the wind issue but that is the only downside IMHO.
    Mitchell
    Yes, the one thing I am wondering about it the amount of protection that the windshield provides. I understand Cal Sci is prototyping something at this time so you might want to contact someone there for more information. Comfort really depends upon your height (torso length really). Good luck in your search for a shield solution and safe riding.
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Welcome to the world of BMW motorcycles......from northern Ontario Canada.
    I hope you are just as happy with your new ride as I have been with mine. I had a 1994 GS and now own a 2005 GS and have been happy with both. Like any bike, it seems like all bikes have good points and not so good points. But with your new BMW , I think the good points will by far outweigh the not not so good ones.
    Enjoy.....Happy Trails..
    Rob.

Cool

Eugene,
    Mitchell
    You might try madstad, cal-sci or parabellum . I KNOW Madsted is reserching now.

New Member from St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    Hi, greetings from the west coast.
    Good evening!
    Thanks for the MOA. I'm a new member and glad to be in communication.
    Long story short is that I was a motorcyclist for twenty plus years and stopped while raising young children. Used to be an MSF Instructor and rode year round in all weather. Then no motorcycling, but lots of bicycling.
    Fast forward to the present. With very positive encouragement from my lovely wife, I bought a beautiful '04 R1150RT in March. Black, nicely equipped and only 22k miles. Never had a BMW before but always lusted...
    You know the rest. It's a fine machine and loves to stretch it's legs in the rolling hills of Missouri.
    6th gear, sweetheart on the back. I am a lucky boy!
    Other end of the spectrum: I'm pleased with the smooth 1st gear low speed handling. With adequate counter weighting it can maneuver nimbly.
    Preaching to the choir here!
    Ride safe. Smile a lot.
    Regards,
    Chris

Congrats!

Congrats! You're gonna love your new bike! Haven't ridden one, but they sure are gorgeous and well thought out. I can't imagine any response but pure satisfaction. Let is know how you love it!

Chris, from St. Louis