Thread: Is This The Next -- Liquid-Cooled -- RT?

Is This The Next -- Liquid-Cooled -- RT?

Maybe the new liquid-cooled RT isn't as far off as some have suggested.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/03/2...ampaign=weekly
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Love that paint job. Takes me back to the 60's. Or was that the 70's...
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

It looks like the artist's rendition was not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Love that paint job. Takes me back to the 60's. Or was that the 70's...
    Haight-Ashbury circa 1963. Bad trip !
    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288

Not unlike the new GS, it's not much of a departure from the current look. That's ok with me, I kinda like the current RT.
    Last edited by kltk165; 03-25-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Nickname: Droid
    The "artist's rendition" is nowhere close to the actual fairing shape. Look close and you can see the GTL style headlights on the bike on the left in the pic. Also, look how FAR ahead of the front axle centerline the fiaring nose extends! Much further ahead than on the current RT and much further ahead than on the rendition.

I like the rest though, the low muffler on the right, full size RH bag. I have never understood BMW's insistence at the high mufflers that reduce the bag size on anything other than the RS, LT, GTL, GT or RT chassis.

I sat on the new GS this past Saturday and was surprised at the wide open area around the footpegs now that the throttle bodies are on top of the cylinders. I wonder if that means on the RT the footpegs will have option to move fore and aft in adjustment for those of us needing less knee bend when riding. Could be a nice feature.

The "artist's rendition" is nowhere close to the actual fairing shape. Look close and you can see the GTL style headlights on the bike on the left in the pic. Also, look how FAR ahead of the front axle centerline the fiaring nose extends! Much further ahead than on the current RT and much further ahead than on the rendition.
    The appearance of the nose extension is a combination of the wheel turned to the left and the rear biased angle of the picture.

The artist nailed this one just like he/she did with the new GS.

I've been ready to pull the trigger on the K16GT, but after riding the new GS and seeing the pictures of the new RT, I'll now have to wait until next spring to make my final decision. The new R motor is that good.

Nickname: Droid
    Perhaps, because the front view of the artists rendition does appear to feature the details evident in the frontal view of the test bikes.

Pretty hard to see the details with the dazzle-camo on the bikes (which is WHY the dazzle is on them to begin with). One thing looks pretty evident... ground clearance isn't an issue.

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Really hoping that weight stays down on the new model. I think the GS gained 20lbs. That wouldn't be bad if the same happened to the RT.