Thread: New member in Sacramento

Hybrid View

New member in Sacramento

Hi, I just joined MOA this evening. I've been riding motorized two wheelers since the late 50's, everything from Cushmans, Lambrettas, Italian Harleys and Hondas. Yeh, I'm a little over the hill, but graduated to larger motorcycles only five years ago with the purchase of a used 2001 1100RT, and it was love at first ride. After several tours in the Pacific west, I traded it in for a 2009 1200RT demo at Ozzies BMW in Chico in 2010. I have some friends with Beemers and other makes, and we do day rides and a few longer tours each year including a fabulous tour of the Soutwest last year. I'm almost 74 and hope to ride as long as I can.

John
    Hi Dave.
    Glad you joined up.
    Hello from Santa Cruz.
    John

Welcome! Good to see more NorCal BMW riders. I lived a bit west of Sacramento for 43 years before moving north in 2006. I did a lot of riding (Norton, Bultaco, R75/5 and mostly R69S) in the 60s & 70s, until family stuff left no time. After I moved to Trinity County, I had to get a ride again so I could take advantage of all the mountain roads!!!!! Picked up my use "C" in 2010 and ride as often as possible. I'm in my 74th. Maybe we will meet up some time.

Lkarl KJ6OCL / 2000, R1200C

Hi Dave,
    Welcome! We are glad to have you hear! Looking forward to reading more about your experiences and your 74 years of wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6OCL View Post
    Welcome! Good to see more NorCal BMW riders. I lived a bit west of Sacramento for 43 years before moving north in 2006. I did a lot of riding (Norton, Bultaco, R75/5 and mostly R69S) in the 60s & 70s, until family stuff left no time. After I moved to Trinity County, I had to get a ride again so I could take advantage of all the mountain roads!!!!! Picked up my use "C" in 2010 and ride as often as possible. I'm in my 74th. Maybe we will meet up some time.
    Glad to see there's other geezers here besides me. One of my touring buddies, though, just turned 80, but he rides an '86 Yamaha Virago. Can't get him to part with it.

Thanks, you guys for welcomes.

Welcome Dave! David here, I live up on the other side of Sac from you, just into Placer County. It's nice to see more local riders on here. My wife works in Elk Grove, so I'm down your way once in a great while.
    David W.
    Public Safety Professional since 1985
    2007 R1200RT
    Dominus pascit me

Quote Originally Posted by Duster105 View Post
    Welcome Dave! David here, I live up on the other side of Sac from you, just into Placer County. It's nice to see more local riders on here. My wife works in Elk Grove, so I'm down your way once in a great while.
    Duster, maybe you can join us on one of our weekend rides one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dave39 View Post
    Duster, maybe you can join us on one of our weekend rides one of these days.
    That would be nice! The wife rides as well, but on a Harley...so we may have to carry dry-sweep for when we park LOL!

Seriously, we've been hoping to connect with some local people. Are you a member of River City Beemers?
    David W.
    Public Safety Professional since 1985
    2007 R1200RT
    Dominus pascit me